Dan Heng is a powerful single-target Wind element character in Honkai: Star Rail. Acquirable during the opening tutorial, alongside March 7th, Dan Heng is one of several free characters that all players will receive simply by progressing through the main story. That isn't to say Dan Heng is bad by any means. In fact, Dan Heng is an incredible boss killer and has a solid place in most Wind teams.
However, without the correct Eidolons, Light Cones, and supporting characters, Dan Heng will not be able to reach his full potential. That's where we come in. This article will cover everything you need to know about the best Dan Heng build in Honkai: Star Rail, including Eidolons, Light Cones, team compositions, and more!
Best Dan Heng Build In Honkai: Star Rail
Dan Heng is one of very few Wind element characters in Honkai: Star Rail at release. This makes him especially powerful when taking on enemies weak to Wind element, as he will be incredibly useful when Breaking them.
Because of this, Dan Heng should be built like a traditional DPS, favoring his ATK DMG and his Wind DMG wherever possible. Additionally, sub-stats with HIT Rate are also great on Dan Heng, as he has the ability to slow enemies using his Skill.
Honkai: Star Rail Dan Heng Abilities
- Knight Spear Technique: North Wind (Basic ATK): "Deals 50% of Dan Heng's ATK as Wind DMG to a target enemy."
- Knight Spear Technique: Torrent (Skill): "Deals 120% of Dan Heng's ATK as Wind DMG to a target enemy. On a CRIT Hit. There is a 100% base chance to reduce the target's SPD by 15% for 2 turn(s)."
- Ethereal Dream (Ultimate): "Deals 240% of Dan Heng's ATK as Wind DMG to a target enemy. If the enemy is Slowed, Dan Heng's Ultimate's DMG will be increased by 72%."
- Superiority of Reach (Talent): "When Dan Heng is the target of an Ally Ability, his next attack's Wind RES PEN increases by 15%. This effect can be triggered again after Dan Heng has taken action 1 time(s). "
- Splitting Spearhead (Technique): "After using Technique, Dan Heng's ATK increases by 40% for 3 turn(s) in the next battle."
Honkai: Star Rail Dan Heng Best Light Cones
The best Light Cone for Dan Heng in Honkai: Star Rail is Only Silence Remains. This Light Cone has the following ability:
Only Silence Remains: "Increases its wearer's ATK by 16%. If there are 2 or fewer enemies on the field, increases the wearer's CRIT Rate by 12%."
Dan Heng excels as a boss killer. Typically, bosses will not have additional enemies supporting them, or if they do, they'll quickly be dispatched. This Light Cone allows Dan Heng to gain a boost when only the boss is alive on screen. Alternative Light Cones good for Dan Heng include:
- In The Night: Increases CRIT Rate based on speed.
- Swordplay: Increases DMG dealt when attacking the same target.
Honkai: Star Rail Dan Heng Best Relics
Relics are gearing options players can use to take advantage of several set bonus effects. Here are some optimal Dan Heng Relic builds:
- Eagle of Twilight Line:
- 2 Piece: Wind DMG increases by 12%.
- 4 Piece: After using Ultimate, Dan Heng's next action is advanced forward by 25%.
- 5 Piece: Wind DMG increases by 12%.
- Musketeer of Wild Wheat:
- 2 Piece: ATK increases by 10%.
- 4 Piece: Dan Heng's SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG by 10%.
As a rare Wind element character, there is no reason to avoid investing in Dan Heng's Wind capabilities.
Honkai: Star Rail Dan Heng Eidolons
Each character in Honkai: Star Rail comes with six Eidolon levels. These are Dan Heng's:
- The Higher You Are, The Harder You Fall: When the enemy hit has HP greater than or equal to 50%, Dan Heng's CRIT Rate increases by 15%.
- Control The Malice, Extinguish The Flame: Reduces Talent cooldown by 1 turn.
- Day Freely Changes To Night: Increases Dan Heng's Ultimate Level by three (capped at 15) and his Basic ATK Level by one (capped at 10).
- Balance Like the Sun in the Sky: When Dan Heng uses his Ultimate to defeat an enemy, his next action is Advanced Forward by 100%.
- A Drop of Rain Feeds a Torrent: Increases Dan Heng's Skill level by three (capped at 15) and his Basic ATK by one (capped at 15).
- The Troubled Soul Lies in Wait: Slow triggered by Skill reduces the enemy's SPD by an additional 10%.
Honkai: Star Rail Dan Heng Best Team Composition
Here are some characters you may want to consider pairing with Dan Heng on your team:
- Bailu / Natasha: To provide healing.
- Bronya: To buff Dan Heng's ATK and provide Wind damage support.
- Welt: An additional DPS able to push enemies back after being slowed by Dan Heng to delay the enemy turn even further.
And that's everything you need to know about the best Dan Heng build in Honkai: Star Rail!