Available from the start of the game on both the Standard and Beginner banners, Welt is one of the very few Imaginary damage-based characters in Honkai: Star Rail, making him a highly sought-after rarity. Welt is a seasoned member of the Astral Express crew who conducts himself with a sense of wise sophistication. Players looking to add Welt to their team will not regret this choice, as Welt is an incredibly powerful damage dealer.
However, without the correct Eidolons, Light Cones, and supporting characters, Welt will not be able to reach his full potential. That's where we come in. This article will cover everything you need to know about the best Welt build in Honkai: Star Rail, including Eidolons, Light Cones, team compositions, and more!
Best Welt Build In Honkai: Star Rail
Welt is one of two Imaginary element characters in Honkai: Star Rail (alongside Luocha). Because of this, when facing off against enemies weak to Imaginary damage, Welt is pretty much the only option you have!
That being said, Welt provides a lot more in his kit than raw damage. In fact, players may find themselves relying on Welt's utility above all else. This is because Welt is one of few characters who can lower enemies' speed, essentially pushing them back in the turn order and delaying their attack.
For this reason, the best Welt builds will often favor maximizing his hit chance and his attack to guarantee his debuffs land and his damage is satisfactory.
Honkai: Star Rail Welt Abilities
- Gravity Suppression (Basic ATK): "Deals 50% of Welt's ATK as Imaginary DMG to a target enemy."
- Edge of the Void (Skill): "Slashes the enemy 3 times, each dealing 30% of Welt's ATK as Imaginary DMG to a random target. On hit, there is a 60% base chance to reduce the target's SPD by 15% for 2 turn(s)."
- Synthetic Black Hole (Ultimate): "Deals 60% of Welt's ATK as Imaginary DMG to all enemies. There is a 100% base chance for the enemies hit by this ability to be Imprisoned. Imprisoned enemies' actions will be Delayed by 40% and their SPD will be reduced by 15%."
- Time Distortion (Talent): "If the enemy hit has already been slowed, deals an additional 25% of Welt's ATK as Imaginary DMG to the target."
- Gravitational Imprisonment (Technique): "After using Technique, creates a small Black Hole Zone that lasts 15s. Enemies who enter it will have their movement SPD slowed by 50%. Upon entering battle in the Black Hole Zone, there is a 100% chance for a target enemy to be imprisoned. Imprisoned enemies' actions will be Delayed by 20% and their SPD will be reduced by 10%."
Honkai: Star Rail Welt Best Light Cones
The best Light Cone for Welt in Honkai: Star Rail is In the Name of the World. This Light Cone is specifically designed for Welt and has the following ability:
"Increases its wearer's Effect Hit Rate by 28%. If its wearer deals additional damage, increases CRIT Rate by 8%, can stack up to 3 times."
Welt requires a high Hit Rate in order to ensure his slow, and Delay effects land on the target. Therefore, for those unable to gain enough Hit Rate through Welt's gear, this Light Cone could provide the boost you need! Alternative Light Cones good for Welt include:
- Eyes of the Prey: Increases Hit Rate
- Good Night and Sleep Well: Increases DMG dealt to debuffed enemies.
Honkai: Star Rail Welt Best Relics
Relics are gearing options players can use to take advantage of several set bonus effects. Here are some optimal Welt Relic builds:
- Wastelander of Banditry Desert:
- 2 Piece: Imaginary DMG increases by 10%.
- 4 Piece: When attacking debuffed enemies, Welt's CRIT Rate increases by 10%. If the enemy is Imprisoned, Welt's CRIT DMG increases by 20%.
- Musketeer of Wild Wheat:
- 2 Piece: ATK increases by 10%.
- 4 Piece: Welt's SPD increases by 6% and Basic ATK DMG by 10%.
Players will want to pump Welt with as much Hit Rate and ATK as possible to gain the benefit from his debuff and additional damage effects.
Honkai: Star Rail Welt Eidolons
Each character in Honkai: Star Rail comes with six Eidolon levels. These are Welt's:
- Legacy of Honor: After using his Ultimate. Welt’s abilities are Enhanced. The next two times he uses his Basic ATK or Skill, deal additional DMG to the target equal to 50% of Welt's Base ATK or 80% of his Skill’s DMG.
- Conflux of Stars: When Welt's talent is triggered, he regains three Energy.
- Prayer of Peace: Increases Welt's Skill Level by two (capped at 15) and his Basic ATK Level by one (capped at 10).
- Appelation of Justice: When Welt uses his Ultimate, grants 100% chance to increase the DMG received by the target by 12% for two turns.
- Power of Kindness: Increases Welt's Ultimate level by two (capped at 15) and his Talent Level by two (capped at 15).
- Prospect of Brilliance: When Welt uses his skill, deals DMG for one additional time to a random enemy.
Honkai: Star Rail Welt Best Team Composition
Here are some characters you may want to consider pairing with Welt on your team:
- Bailu / Natasha: To provide healing.
- Bronya: To buff Welt's ATK.
- Seele: A fast character able to take advantage of enemy Delay.
And that's everything you need to know about the best Welt build in Honkai: Star Rail!