There are a ton of characters for players to collect and play with in Honkai: Star Rail. Most of these characters can be acquired via summoning on various in-game banners. Players will need to accrue a lot of summoning currency in order to guarantee a desired character if luck isn't on their side. Naturally, it is going to be difficult for free-to-play players to get all of the characters they want.
Thankfully, Honkai: Star Rail provides players with lots of free characters to help players through the early game. This includes multiple 4-Star characters and even powerful 5-Star characters as well. So, if you are interested in learning how to get free 5-Star and 4-Star characters in Honkai: Star Rail, you've come to the place. This article will provide all the answers you need!
How To Get Free 4-Star Characters In Honkai Star Rail
There are eight free 4-Star characters in Honkai: Star Rail that players can acquire through various means. We'll break down all of these characters and how you can acquire them:
- Trailblazer (Player Character): Acquired at the start of the game.
- March 7th: Acquired by playing through the opening tutorial.
- Dan Heng: Acquired by playing through the opening tutorial.
- Asta: Acquired during the opening tutorial x1 Warp.
- Natasha: Acquired by completing the story mission "Lying in Rust."
- Herta: Acquired by completing the story mission "Lingering Shadows."
- Qingque: Acquired by clearing Floor 3 of the Forgotten Hall.
- Serval: Can be claimed for free at the start of the game (Pre-Registration milestone reward).
How To Get Free 5-Star Characters In Honkai Star Rail
In Honkai: Star Rail, there are two types of summoning currency. Star Rail Special Passes are used to summon on limited banners, while Star Rail Passes are used to summon on the ever-present Standard Warp.
Over time, summons on the Standard Warp will be tallied, and upon reaching 300 summons, players will be able to select a free 5-Star character of their choice from the following list:
Obviously, it will take quite a lot of time until you hit this milestone, and once you do, the reward can only be redeemed once per account. Still, if you plan on playing Honkai: Star Rail for a long time, it will be nice to have your efforts rewarded later down the road.
And that's everything you need to know about how to get free 5-Star and 4-Star characters in Honkai Star Rail!