Light Cones are one of the most important features in Honkai Star Rail and give even more depth and versatility to the characters on your account. By customizing a character's Light Cones, they can become more adept under an even wider set of circumstances. However, knowing how Light Cones function will be integral for Trailblazers to understand when it comes time to start building a specific character.
So, if you are interested in learning more about Honkai Star Rail Light Cones, you've come to the right place. This article will cover everything you need to know about Honkai Star Rail Light Cones, including what they are, how to use them, and more.
What Are Honkai Star Rail Light Cones?
Honkai Star Rail Light Cones are equivalent to weapons in other games. Light Cones can be equipped for all characters and will provide stat boosts based on the Light Cone type and the stats that accompany it. The following is some general information about Honkai Star Rail Light Cones:
- Honkai Star Rail Light Cones can be levels 1-80.
- Light Cones can be upgraded and ascended to increase the stats they provide to a character.
- Light Cones come in three rarities; three-star, four-star, and five-star.
- Light Cones all come with a passive ability tied to one of the seven Paths. This ability can be upgraded from level 1 to level 5 by using the Superimpose function.
- The Honkai Star Rail Superimpose function is similar to Limit Break systems in other games. By using multiple copies of the same Light Cone, players can increase their power.
- All Light Cones can be equipped for all characters. However, to receive the passive bonus ability, the character must be of the same Path as the Light Cone. If not, the character will only receive the base stat increase and not the unique effect.
How To Use Honkai Star Rail Light Cones?
Trailblazers should equip Light Cones to characters of the same corresponding Path to maximize their effectiveness. By using Light Cones on characters with different Paths, the unique ability will be wasted. Therefore, it is always recommended to use Light Cones and units that share the same Path.
As for the best in-slot Light Cones for each character, this is something that will take some experimentation. Depending on the type of mission you are embarking on or the other units in your roster, mixing and matching different Light Cones to see what works best is a great idea.
Each Light Cone effect is unique, whether it increases a character's attack, defense, or healing capabilities. Try out different Light Cones with different characters and see what works best!