The Star Guardian event is a Riot Games tribute to the magical girl (mahō shōjo), an anime genre that empowers young women, shows the importance of good friends, and celebrates authentic representations of one’s self. The event is directly inspired by the famous anime series based on League of Legends. The series has a vibrant alternative universe that centers on a young cast of champions who navigate school relationships by day and the responsibilities of magical warriors by night.
LoL Star Guardian Event - Start Date and Music Video
The event will be kicking off on 14th July, with a new song and a music video that will be the event anthem “Everything Goes On” by Porter Robinson. The event will be 10 weeks long and loads of new content will be made available throughout the event to players to acquire in League of Legends.
- Wild Rift Star Guardian Event - Start Date, Event Pass, Skins, More
- Sessions Star Guardian Taliyah Album by Riot Games Music Is Now Available
- LoL Wild Rift Legendary Queue Update - Legendary Ranks, Requirements, More
- LoL Champion Nilah - Abilities, Best Build
“Everything Goes On” tells the story of two Star Guardians, inspired by the anime series where find you the will to tackle the loss and try to move on. The song is produced, written, and sung by popular musician Porter Robinson. The song will be available to listen to on all the major streaming platforms along with the music video will be premiered on YouTube.
LoL Star Guardian Event - Champion, Skins, Event Pass, and more
The Star Guardian event will introduce loads of new in-game content including 12 new in-game skins, a new champion, a Star Guardian Event Pass, and more. Here is the complete list of all the upcoming in-game items coming to League of Legends:
- Champion Launch: Nilah the Joy Unbound (ADC)
- Skins: Star Guardian Akali (Legendary), Kai’Sa (Legendary), Ekko, Sona, Taliyah, Quinn, Nilah, and Rell; Star Nemesis Morgana and Fiddlesticks; Prestige Star Guardian Ekko and Syndra
- LoL (and TFT) Star Guardian Event Pass
- Ultimate Spellbook game mode returns
- New Emotes, Chromas, and Wards
- In-Client Narrative Experience: Star Guardian: Another Sky (LoL Exclusive)
- Through games of LoL and TFT, players will progress through a compelling story of love and loss, forgiveness and friendship through the eyes of a brand new crew led by Akali and Kai'Sa. At the same time, by completing in-game champion missions, they'll increase their "bond" with the various Guardians, unlocking rewards and discovering new stories along the way.
New Album by Riot Games Music
Riot Games will be releasing their third album ‘Sessions: Star Guardian Taliyah’ as a part of the Star Guardian event. The two previous "Sessions" albums have been collectively streamed over 43 million times on major streaming platforms and also allow creators to use the music on their content for free from a vibrant and unique catalog of music.
The fans can expect the new Sessions: Star Guardian Taliyah album to have multiple genres of music including glitch pop, future funk, kawaii bass spaces, and more. The album includes multiple artists, here is the list of all the artists in the upcoming Sessions: Star Guardian Taliyah album:
- 3D BLAST
- bear bear & friends
- leon chang
- Mere Notilde
- Rob Robinson
- Snail's House
- Strawberry Station
Riot Games Star Guardian Merchandise
Riot Games will be releasing exclusive Star Guardian Merchandise, that can be purchased through their merchandise website. The merchandise items will include plushies, apparel, jewelry, and more. These will also include their collaboration with Riot-designed partner goods from companies like Good Smile Company and Secretlab:
Good Smile Company
- Star Guardian Zoe 1/7 Scale Figure (Preorder)
- Star Guardian Jinx 1/7 Scale Figure (Preorder)
- Star Guardian Edition Pillow
- Twilight Star Guardian Edition Pillow (August)
- Star Guardian Soraka Wand Pendant
- Star Guardian Ina Ring
- Star Guardian Secret Locket
- Star Guardian Kiko Pendant
- Star Guardian Friendship Bracelets (Preorder)
- Star Guardian Kai’Sa Friendship Bracelet
- Star Guardian Akali Friendship Bracelet
Riot Games Social Impact Fund Contribution
Riot Games has its nonprofit engine through which they support and give back to the world and the community. The Riot Games Social Impact Fund will be activated during Star Guardian to support nonprofits and from July 14 to August 15, Riot will contribute 20% of proceeds from the Star Guardian Event Pass to the Riot Games Social Impact Fund in partnership with Impact Assets.
From July 28 to August 29, Riot will contribute 100% of proceeds from Star Guardian Taliyah and all related bundle sales to the Riot Games Social Impact Fund. Qualifying in-game items are mentioned below:
- Star Guardian Taliyah (skin only)
- Star Guardian Taliyah Border Set
- Star Guardian Taliyah Chroma Bundle
- Star Guardian Taliyah All-Star Bundle
For more on the game, please make sure to check our section dedicated to League of Legends guides, news, tips, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games.