While Mythic Essence is arguably the most valuable currency in all of League of Legends, Orange Essence follows closely behind it. Almost all forms of valuable currency in League of Legends allow you to buy cosmetic skins (including the premium currency - Riot Points), and Orange Essence is the gateway to unlocking some of your all-time favorite Champion skins, Ward Skins, and more!
Orange Essence will not accrue naturally just by playing games like Blue Essence. Newer players will likely see Orange Essence trickle into their inventory every now and again.
So, if you're curious about how to use Orange Essence, how to get more Orange Essence, and what to spend your carefully cultivated Orange Essence on, check out our comprehensive guide below!
League of Legends: Orange Essence Guide
Firstly, let's familiarize ourselves with what Orange Essence actually is. Orange Essence is a crafting material currency that can be used to change shards into permanent items added to your inventory. This includes:
- Champion Skins
- Ward Skins
- Summoner Icons
If you are looking to increase your cosmetic inventory, Orange Essence is the way to do it!
How To Get More Orange Essence In League of Legends
There are several ways for players to increase their amount of Orange Essence. These are listed below:
- Spending RP: It is possible to increase Orange Essence by purchasing Hextech items from the store. The "5 chests and keys + Bonus Essence" bundle will guarantee you at least some Orange Essence (plus more depending on the contents of the chests).
- Chests: Hextech and Masterwork Chests are another way to gain Orange Essence. They will sometimes contain varying amounts of Orange Essence when opened.
- Events: Some events will offer Orange Essence as a reward.
- Skins: Disenchanting Skin Shards will provide you with Orange Essence.
- Prime Gaming: Prime Gaming Capsules will often contain approximately 200 Orange Essence.
Orange Essence can be used to not only unlock cosmetic skins but to unlock Eternal sets as well. These will gradually increase as you perform certain actions on certain Champions.
Don't forget to check out our section dedicated to League of Legends news, guides, updates, esports coverage, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games.