Running into the MultiVersus "You Have Disconnected" error when trying to join a match, during or after it is completed? Then you've found the right article that might just help you with these connection issues.
The free-to-play platform fighter, MultiVersus, from developer Player First Games and published by WB Games, is taking the fighting game community by storm with its massive, diverse lineup of characters and excellent gameplay. With such popularity, connection issues are almost inevitable.
This guide outlines what you need to know about the MultiVersus You Have Been Disconnected error and how you can potentially fix it.
How to Fix MultiVersus Disconnect Error
First and foremost, before you go all IT Crowd on your PC, console, or router, you should make sure to check the MultiVersus server status with our guide.
- MultiVersus Tier List - All Characters Ranked Best To Worst
- MultiVersus Best PC Settings For Smooth 60 FPS
- MultiVersus Gleamium - How To Get And Price
- MultiVersus Gold Coins - How To Farm And Get More Fast
If the MultiVersus servers are not down and you are still running into disconnection errors, you are not alone. As per the bug reporting page for MultiVersus, many players seem to be receiving the "You Have Disconnected" error.
As you can see, an investigation is in progress for this MultiVersus connection issue. This means that those affected might just have to wait until the developers deploy an update to the game or a server-side patch.
Below, you can look at some general tips/fixes for MultiVersus connection issues that might work for some users. These are general fixes, but some gamers might overlook them when encountering connection/disconnection issues.
MultiVersus connection issues fix:
- Restart your PC or console.
- Turn your router off for 10 minutes, then on again.
- Check if you have a stable internet connection; if not, contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Ensure your Operating System (OS) is up to date on your PC.
- Turn off automatic downloads and make sure your PC or console isn't busy with considerable downloads in the background.
- A good practice is to connect a LAN cable from your router to your gaming device instead of using Wi-Fi.
At the time of writing, it is clear that the issue is still under investigation. We do expect the developer to provide an update to those affected with connection/disconnection issues and errors in MultiVersus on PC, Xbox, and PlayStation.
While you wait for a fix, if our steps didn't work, check out the MultiVersus gameplay trailer below to get hyped.
So there you have it, steps you can take to potentially fix the MultiVersus "You Have Disconnected" error or other connection issues.
For more on the exciting fighting game, check out our section dedicated to MultiVersus news, guides, updates, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of WB Games.