For the first time ever, the 2021 season will include teams split into conferences, just like in the real-life NBA.
It will also bring more teams to the 2021 NBA 2K League Playoffs, as the number of teams that will participate will expand to 12.
The league also features the biggest prize pool to date, three in-season tournaments, and a plethora of other events which will highlight players, content creators and other members of the community.
So, without further ado, here are all the details you need to know about the 2021 NBA 2K League.
2021 NBA 2K League Schedule
The League starts on 19th May with The Tipoff tournament and ends on 4th September with the League Grand Finals.
The full 2021 NBA 2K League schedule is below:
- 19 – 22 May: The Tipoff in-season tournament
- 26 – 29 May: Regular Season – Week 1
- 2 – 5 June: Regular Season – Week 2
- 9 – 12 June: Regular Season – Week 3
- 16 – 19 June: Regular Season – Week 4
- 23 – 26 June: Regular Season – Week 5
- 30 June – 3 July: Bye Week
- 7 – 10 July: Regular Season – Week 6
- 14 – 17 July: The Turn in-season tournament
- 21 – 24 July: Regular Season – Week 7
- 28 – 31 July: Regular Season – Week 8
- 4 – 7 August: Regular Season – Week 9
- 11 – 14 August: Regular Season – Week 10
- 19 – 21 August: The Ticket last chance tournament
- 26 – 28 August: NBA 2K League Playoffs
- 4 September: NBA 2K League Finals
2021 NBA 2K League Teams
For the first time, the NBA 2K League will be divided into two conferences: the Eastern Conference and the Western Conference.
Each team will play matches both within its conference and against teams in the other conference.
- 76ers GC
- Celtics Crossover Gaming
- Gen.G Tigers of Shanghai
- Grizz Gaming
- Hawks Talon GC
- Heat Check Gaming
- Hornets Venom GT
- Knicks Gaming
- Magic Gaming
- Nets GC
- Raptors Uprising GC
- Wizards District Gaming
- Bucks Gaming
- Blazer5 Gaming
- Cavs Legion GC
- Jazz Gaming
- Kings Guard Gaming
- Lakers Gaming
- Mavs Gaming
- Pacers Gaming
- Pistons GT
- T-Wolves Gaming
- Warriors Gaming Squad
2021 NBA 2K League format and rules
- The 23 teams will play 28 regular-season games each.
- Matchups will be played in a twoâ€‘game format
- At the end of the regular season, the top 5 teams from each Conference will secure their spot at the playoffs.
- The remaining 13 will compete in The Ticket tournament, at the best two teams will qualify for the playoffs.
2021 NBA 2K League prize pool
The NBA 2K League will award $1.5 million in prize money throughout the 2021 season.
- The Tipoff in-season tournament will have a prize pool of $160,000
- The Turn in-season tournament will have a prize pool of $260,000
- The 2021 Playoffs will feature a total prize pool of more than $1 million
- The NBA 2K League champions will earn $450,000
- 2nd place – $180,000
- 3-4 place – $80,000
- 5-8 place – $42,500
- 9-12 place – $30,000
2021 NBA 2K League stream: How to watch
- Read more: Faze Clan cuts ties with NBA star Meyers Leonard after using the anti-Semitic slur on stream
Additionally, it will be available on Dash Radio and ESRevolution in the US, Loco in India and Sport1 in Europe.