Despite a few New World server issues since the launch of Amazon Games' MMORPG is overall a great experience so far. One thing players have been asking for since launch, however, is the ability to transfer a character to another server for various reasons such as server population, or simply wanting to play with friends on a different one. Here's everything you need to know about New World server transfers, from the restrictions in place to the release date, and how you can go about transferring a character.
New World server transfer release date
With the New World update 1.0.3 released on 20th October, the framework for the New World server transfer feature has been released. This does not, however, mean that you can just jump in and start transferring characters from one server to the other.
Amazon Games plans to monitor the server transfer framework before turning on the feature.
Amazon Games explains: "Once we have confirmed that the framework holds up at scale, we will turn on character server transfers in the Utopia world first, in the AP Southeast region. We will closely monitor transfers in this world, and if anything out of the ordinary occurs our team will need to make manual interventions.
"If all goes well, we will turn it on for the rest of the AP Southeast region, and continue monitoring. If after 8 hours our team hasn’t discovered any issues, we will fully deploy character server transfers to the other regions."
So what is the New World server transfer release date then? Well, if all goes to plan, you should be able to transfer a character to a different server late on 20th October 2021.
Inhabitants of Aeternum who simply can't wait to transfer their characters can keep an eye on the New World Twitter account for updates.
How to transfer a character in New World
Transferring your New World character to a different server is quite easy.
You will need to ensure you meet the following requirements:
- You need to log into your character, which means waiting in any applicable queues.
- You need to leave your Company.
- You need to remove any active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders.
- Your character must be located in a sanctuary (such as a settlement or outpost).
There will be a new tab in the in-game store to claim your character transfer token. The first one is free.
Check out the video below showcasing a step-by-step guide to using the server transfer feature in New World.
So what comes with your character when you transfer it to a new world?
- You will keep all character progression (level, weapon mastery, titles, etc.).
- You will keep your inventory and storage.
- You will keep all of your currency.
- You will keep your houses and housing decorations.
- You will keep all quest progress.
That sounds like everything important to New World players to take with them on a journey to a new server, but there are some restrictions.
New World server transfer restrictions
There are a few things that do not transfer with your New World character to a different server.
Things that don't transfer with your character are:
- Your Company membership needs to be terminated before transferring, and will not carry over.
- Active Trading Post sell orders and buy orders must be removed and will not carry over.
- Your friends list is world specific and will not transfer.
Players can move their character to any server in their region, with the following restrictions:
- You cannot move your character to a full world.
- You cannot move your character to a world in maintenance.
- You cannot move your character to a world set that you have an existing character in already.
So there you have it, everything we know about the New World server transfer feature. While the exact release date is still unknown, it is fair to say it will be arriving sooner rather than later.
Don’t forget to check out our dedicated New World section for the latest news, updates, guides, leaks and more.
Featured image courtesy of Amazon Games.