The first New World MMO patch update (version 1.0.1) goes live at 11 am BST on 6th October and will include a long list of bug fixes, together with revisions of its AFK system, the addition of a confirmation screen for players exiting the World Queue, as well as adding hitscan to turret projectiles in War.
Unfortunately, the developers, Amazon Game Studios, did not introduce the highly-anticipated character server transfer feature, which was announced after the game was blasted with negative reviews resulting from lengthy World Queue times. The developers did, however, note that they have "implemented the groundwork" for it, of which certain elements players may notice in the in-game store.
According to the developers, the character server transfer feature will be released later this week. "We're continuing to work on this feature, and will have more information on how the system works later this week when we release server transfers," the developers noted.
New World v1.0.1 patch improves QoL and AFK prevention system
Here's a breakdown of the quality of life and AFK prevention adjustments coming with the New World v1.0.1 patch, per the official patch notes.
Changed turret projectiles in War from physical projectiles to use hitscan detection. This should help performance in War, with fewer objects being spawned in the world.
Regarding adjustments to the AFK prevention system in New World, the developers appropriated the following changes in an effort to prevent players from going AFK in highly populated servers.
- Added additional AFK prevention to ensure players cannot fool the existing system with simulated mouse movement.
- Shortened the AFK warning message from 20mins to 15mins.
- Shortened the AFK disconnect from 25mins to 20mins.
Players attempting to leave the queue for any particular world will now receive a confirmation screen asking the player to confirm their intentions to leave the queue. The developers note that "this should help ensure that nobody accidentally leaves the queue and misses out on their spot in line."
New World v1.0.1 patch notes: all bug fixes
The latest New World MMO brought a long menu of changes to the game, which we have indicated below.
All general fixes in New World MMO
- Fixed a rare issue causing the interact key to not properly function on various objects in the world.
- Fixed an issue causing the barrel to not appear in the “Pirate Stance” emote.
- Fixed an issue where players did not receive coins as a reward from some activities.
- Fixed a bug where interrupting the fast travel animation may cause the player’s character to become stuck inside of a house.
- Fixed an issue in Territory Standing rewards where some localized text was missing.
- Fixed an issue where players are asked to claim achievement titles multiple times after logging back into the game, despite already having claimed the rewards.
- Fixed an issue causing leg animations to freeze.
- Fixed game crashes related to the New World Twitch integrations. Integrations have been re-enabled in this update.
- Fixed a rare issue where players could enter the state where they could not be hit by most attacks.
- Fixed an issue where certain item containers could be looted infinitely.
- Fixed an issue where the abandoning event notification could sometimes persist after the player abandoned the event.
All AI fixes in New World MMO
- Fixed an issue causing Pastor Walsh to spawn aggressively at the Walsham point of interest (POI).
- Fixed an issue causing enemies to spawn slower than intended in the Bullrush Wash POI.
- Fixed an issue causing Overseer Zane to respawn slower than intended in the "Something to Prove" quest.
- Fixed an issue where Master Zindt could have duplicated respawns at the Kannan Tomb POI.
All quest fixes in New World MMO
- Added missing journal information about the recommended quest level for players attempting to unlock the second faction rank.
- Fixed an issue where resetting the “Blessings of Earth” quest when you have gained any of the blessings will block progression in the Main Story Quest (MSQ).
- Fixed an issue where the "Azoth Fulminate" quest will be unavailable to players if they first complete other Windsward quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Goodwill Squashing” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Arruda Jam” quest.
- Fixed an issue where the barkeep conversation state in First Light can enter a state where quests cannot be obtained from the barkeep.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Taste for Revenge" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Predator, Prey" and "Great Expectations" quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the “Curse of Ebony Hawk” quest prevents the player from obtaining the “Bond’s Gambit” quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing "The Expedition into Saircor" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "One Threat at a Time" quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Strength of the Earth" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Fading Lights" and "Azure Tears" quests.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Twisted Metamorphosis" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Blessings of the Fallen" quest.
- Fixed an issue where completing the "Facets of Light and Darkness" quest prevents the player from obtaining the "Descent to Frosted Slumber" and "Transmuting Iron to Dust" quests.
And that's it! We'll be sure to provide you with further updates regarding the upcoming character server transfer system, once it is released later this week.
If you need a refresher on New World, make sure to check out our guides for the game on our dedicated section.
Featured image courtesy of Amazon Games.