New World Season 5 called Season of the Guardian has been annnounced officially. Find out its release date and new content details here.
Amazon Games has been actively releasing updates for New World bringing brand new content in the game. The latest update i.e. Season 5 Season of the Guardian has also been announced officially and it will bring brand new season trial, artifacts, events, and much more. Not only this, but the much awaited controller support will also be released with it finally.
- Read More: New World Ancient Elementals Locations
Excited for the release of New World Season 5? Find out everything we know about Season of the Guardian below including its release date and details about all the new content it will bring.
February 23 Update: We checked for the latest details about New World Season 5 Season of the Guardian today.
New World Season 5 Release Date & Countdown
As per the official announcement by Amazon Games, New World Season 5 will release on March 12. The exact time has not been revealed yet, but based on the previous updates, we can expect it to be available at 5 AM PT.
- Read More: New World Roadmap 2024 Rumors & Speculations
You can have a look at the countdown below to keep a track of the number of days left till New World Season of the Guardian release.
All New & Updated Content Coming to New World Season 5
New Seasonal Trial: Winter Rune Forge
In Winter Rune Forge, you will be able to team up with up to 10 players and you will have to work together to overcome Rune puzzle, kill an Icey Construct and an Ancient Ice Guardian for unique rewards.
Eight new artifacts will be added to New World Season 5 and you can have a look at them below:
Sin - Hatchet
- Corruption: Debuffs last 25% longer. (Works on both weapons)
- Defile: Deals 2% more damage per debuff on target. (5 stacks max)
Venom - Spear
- Poison Tipped: Heavy attacks with either weapon cause poison dealing 20% weapon damage for 5s.
Tempest Fury - Great Axe
- Momentum: Successful attacks gain 3% movement speed for 3s. (Works on both weapons and stacks 10 times).
Nature’s Wrath - Medium Chestwear
- Nature’s Blessing: Empower expires 200% faster but you deal 20% more damage.
Gilli’s Gravity Gauntlets - Heavy Glove
- Whenever you take damage, gain a charge that increases the damage of your next attack by 3% (max 10 charges).
Ironheart - Heavy Legwear
- When not in heavy loadout, gain 20% more max health.
Creed Boots - Light Footwear
- Ambush: Deal 15% more damage and 25% critical chance as long as you haven’t hit the target within 20s.
Phoenix - Amulet
- Phoenix Revival: When you receive lethal damage, avoid death and become invulnerable for 2s (180s cooldown)
New Season Pass
Just like every other season, you will be able to complete the Season 5 Season Pass by completing various activities and challenges to earn rewards.
Cooking and Other Trade Skill Changes
With the release of Season 5, the ingredients will be updated, cooking progression will be revamped, split attribute food will be removed, and more.
Upgraded Combat & Animation System
To improve the performance in high traffic areas such as Wars and OPR, Amazon Games has overhauled the combat and animation system. This new system will also make it easier to enhance combat in the future.
Native controller support will come with two pre-set layouts along with multiple features and settings to optimize the gameplay experience with controller:
- Aim Assist: Helps with aiming ranged attacks. (Controller only, AI only)
- Target Friction: Slower reticle speed on roll over of a valid target (Controller only)
- Enemy Target Lock: Allows you to lock the camera onto an enemy (AI only). Move the right stick to swap between multiple targets. (Works on both controller and mouse & keyboard with middle mouse button and mouse wheel up/down)
- Freeform Movement: Allows running in all directions including towards the camera. Holding block or activating target lock will revert to normal strafe navigation. (Defaults to ON with controller, OFF with mouse & keyboard)
- Use Camera Direction for Melee Attacks: If this is off it allows melee attacks and blocking in the direction of your input/character facing instead of your camera facing. (Defaults to OFF with controller, ON with mouse & keyboard)
- Improved feature accessibility:
- Radial wheel for quick access to features like player emotes, issuing commands and setting up camp.
- Shift modifiers to allow for quick access to all combat abilities.
- Improved UX navigation with gamepad for faster actions.
Fully Updated Main Story Quest
The complete New World main story quest has been updated after collecting player feedback. Players will be able to experience fresh narratives, more quest variety, and a few new surprises at the end of Isabella's campaign of corruption.
Mounts in Outpost Rush
Starting from New World Season 5, Level 60+ players will be able to ride mounts into battle in the new 20v20 Outpost Rush game mode. You will be able to gain control of fortifactions and resources and strike down enemies to win.
Rabbit's Revenge event will be making a return to Season 5 to celebrate Easter. Players will be able to hunt down corrupted rabbits to get multiple rewards.
Celebrate Spring with the New World Springtide Bloom event. Players will be able to join Bloom Herald in order to investigate Wispybloom infestation and earn event-exclusive rewards.
The dates for these events have not been revealed; however, we will update this page once Amazon Games announces them.