With launch closing in, the NHL 24 ratings are already being revealed as some of the league's top players look to secure high rankings once again. The NHL regular season is looming just down the road as well, and that'll eventually lead to key roster updates throughout the year.
We've got the latest on top NHL 24 ratings revealed so far, and that includes leaders in shot power and body checking. More ratings are sure to be just around the corner, but the first NHL 24 roster update could majorly shake things up.
NHL 24 ratings revealed for several top players
As the release date is just around the bend, the NHL 24 ratings are finally being unveiled by EA Sports. Every year, we learn about top players at various positions and that usually leads to a Top 50 Overall reveal ahead of launch.
So far, only the top players at Left Wing, Right Wing, Left Defense, and Right Defense have been confirmed. That still leaves Center and Goalie ratings to come, but there's plenty we've already learned.
Here are a few of the top NHL 24 ratings that have already been revealed:
- David Pastrnak (RW) - 95 OVR - Boston Bruins
- Cale Makar (RD) - 95 OVR - Colorado Avalanche
- Nikita Kucherov (RW) - 94 OVR - Tampa Bay Lightning
- Matthew Tkachuk (LW) - 94 OVR - Florida Panthers
- Roman Josi (LD) - 94 OVR - Nashville Predators
- Artemi Panarin (LW) - 93 OVR - New York Rangers
- Mikko Rantanen (RW) - 93 OVR - Colorado Avalanche
- Victor Hedman (LD) - 93 OVR - Tampa Bay Lightning
- Kirill Kaprizov (LW) - 92 OVR - Minnesota Wild
- Jason Robertson (LW) - 92 OVR - Dallas Stars
- Mitchell Marner (RW) - 92 OVR - Toronto Maple Leafs
- Charlie McAvoy (RD) - 92 OVR - Boston Bruins
- Adam Fox (RD) - 92 OVR - New York Rangers
- Alex Ovechkin (LW) - 91 OVR - Washington Capitals
When it comes to body checking, the powerhouse in the NHL 24 ratings will be Jacob Trouba who is tied at a 94 Body Checking alongside Luke Schenn. While he's a bit low on the overall NHL 24 ratings, Alex Ovechkin will boast the highest Slapshot Power and Wristshot Power ratings in the game.
Additional details will be known once the rest of the NHL 24 ratings are revealed, but you can check their active ratings database now for more specifics on player attributes for everyone revealed so far.
When will the first NHL 24 roster update be released?
While there hasn't been an exact release date for the first NHL 24 roster update, the start of the season and some of last year's timing gives us a solid idea of what to expect. Unlike the more regular Madden 24 roster update which lands every Thursday, the NHL 24 ratings won't move quite so frequently.
Last year, roster updates were mostly tied to key in-game patch updates and timed to release simultaneously. The earliest we're likely to see an NHL 24 roster update release would be early November, but later that month or even December could be just as likely.
That means the NHL 24 ratings at launch will stay in place throughout most of the early game, but there's no telling what changes could be in store with each update. If any player has a particularly dominant opening few weeks, they could skyrocket.