The Plundering the Bay Accomplishment, much akin to Kilima Caches, is an achievement players can unlock by meeting its prerequisite. Like with the Kilima Caches, players must locate and collect Treasures found throughout Bahari Bay and grab the rewards inside.
For this achievement, they'll run throughout Bahari Bay, climbing, jumping, gliding, and walking to reach caves, mine shafts, platforms, and pillars to collect these chests and make progress towards this achievement. If players are ready to plunder their way across Bahari Bay, they can read this detailed guide, which provides them with all the map locations and directions to find these Treasure Chests for the Plundering The Bay Accomplishment in Palia.
How To Find The 30 Treasure Chests For Plundering The Bay Accomplishment In Palia?
As mentioned, the Plundering the Bay Accomplishment requires players to find and collect 30 Treasures across Bahari Bay. There are 34 Treasure Chests, but only 30 are needed to meet the achievement's prerequisite and earn its corresponding rewards.
They must overcome obstacles blocking access to these chests, like climbing grated ruins and sprinting across bridges to reach them. Some of these Treasure Chests are found in hard-to-reach and inaccessible areas, and players are to have a glider on hand, which first can be obtained when completing the Like A Bird quest.
We highly advise players to free their Backpack Inventory or upgrade it, as these chests and the rewards acquired will rapidly occupy inventory slots. They can upgrade this at Zeki's General Store in Kilima Village, where the Large Backpack costs 5,000 Gold, and the Deluxe Backpack costs 25,000 Gold.
We won't be adding the chest locations that are locked behind quests for new players who've joined the game on Nintendo Switch, and as such, these chests are found in open-world locations. We've detailed the 30 locations where players can discover Treasure Chests in Bahari Bay:
- Treasure Chest Location #1: When arriving in Bahari Bay, head north towards Hodari and Najuma's workshop and locate a tree atop a hill. Looking inside the mine cart is where the chest can be found.
- Rewards: 20 Gold, one Briar Daisy, two Sweat Leaves and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #2: Head to the grassy plains at Pulsewater Plains and find yet another grated pillar where climbing it will help them loot this chest.
- Rewards: 60 Gold, four Sweat Leaves, five Wheat bundles and an Ancient Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #3: This Treasure Chest is located when entering Bahari Bay using the gates near Hodari and Najuma's home; heading east from these gates, find a grated pillar and climb to the top where the chest can be looted.
- Rewards: Three Sweat Leaves, 20 Heartwood logs, and an Ancient Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #4: From the third location, navigate to the cliffs east of Hideaway Bluffs and use the western mine shaft to drop down before dropping down again into the below level. Find a lone mine cart and climb onto some rocks before walking through the moss curtain where a chest can be found.
- Rewards: 18 Gold, one Pearl, two Gold Ores, and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #5: Using the exact directions to enter the mines for the previous chest to exit this location, locate a mine cave south of the ruins, and search one of the areas for a chest. This is the exact location where players can find a Cat Toy for the Better Days quest.
- Rewards: 29 Gold, one Gold Ore, and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #6: This next chest is near the Temple of the Gales entrance at Windy Ruins, where they must reach the top level using the staircase before jumping or gliding to reach the pillar where the chest rests.
- Rewards: 40 Gold, two pieces of Fabric, three Iron Ores and an Ancient Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #7: Travel northeast to Beachcomber Cove and find a geyser near the Fast Travel Stable Board. Use the geyser before deploying the glider and glider towards the ruins, where they can spot a Treasure Chest while in the air.
- Rewards: 10 Gold, eight Silver Ores, and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #8: Staying in Beachcomber Cove, they make their way northwest, where they can spot a cliff they must climb to the top. They'll find a tree in this area and another Treasure Chest to be looted near its roots.
- Rewards: 30 Gold, two bags of Potato Seeds, two bags of Wheat Seeds and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #9: Travel to The Old Lighthouse and head inside the main room using their glider or a nearby geyser. Take the broken staircase to their left, jump, or glide towards the vines before climbing.
- Rewards: Ochre Cubed Tile Floor and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #10: From The Old Lighthouse, navigate them down to the pier, but don't take the stairs to the fishing spots. Instead, head towards the lighthouse's base and look for the hanging moss. Walking through it will drop them into a hidden area where they must turn around to find a chest.
- Rewards: 80 Gold, two Cooking Oils, four Onions and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #11: Climb out of this hidden area before making their way down the pier, where they can see a Treasure Chest near a fishing trawler mechanism.
- Rewards: 130 Gold, five Unopened Oysters and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #12: For the next chest, they must return to the top of The Old Lighthouse and position themselves in the southeast corner. They must glide across to a small island southeast of the lighthouse to claim the treasure chest found at this location.
- Rewards: Copper Manor Tile Floor and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #13: Heading north towards Lighthouse Lagoon, find some ruins in this area where the chest can be reached by using the geyser at the bottom of The Old Lighthouse before deploying the glider to glide to the top of the ruins.
- Rewards: 25 Gold, ten Standard Smoke Bombs, ten Sneaky Smoke Bombs, and an Ancient Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #14: Moving west from the previous chest location towards the Ancient Aqueduct, find a hole in the aqueduct near a geyser by the Pavel Mines entrance where this chest can be found.
- Rewards: Five Gold, two Brightshrooms, and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #15: Travel to the Flooded Fortress using the Pavel Mines entrance near the previous location and climb up the cliffs in the east corner closest to the Temple of the Flames entrance. Once climbing the cliffs, they walk onto the nearby platform before gliding across the ruins and claiming the chest found.
- Rewards: 55 Gold, five pieces of Leather, ten Slowdown Arrows, and an Ancient Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #16: Remain at the Flooded Fortress and go to the southwestern corner by climbing up the cliffs nearby. Glide from these cliffs towards the sewer where this chest is located.
- Rewards: 85 Gold, five Heartwood Planks, one Iron Bar, and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #17: Exit the Flooded Fortress and make their way towards The Outskirts fast Travel Stable Board. Head west from the board, where a chest is situated atop a pillar that can be accessed by climbing the nearby cliffs that overlook this area before deploying their glider to glide to this pillar and the chest itself.
- Rewards: 70 Gold, two Heat Roots, two Briar Daisies, and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #18: This chest is not far from the previous location as they can make their way on foot north towards a pond. Jump onto the ruins and walk towards the chest before claiming it and the rewards inside.
- Rewards: Five Gold, one Brightshroom, two Sweat Leaves, and an Ancient Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #19: Follow the trail going north of The Outskirts, where just before a bridge near Tamala's house, look for a large tree atop an elevated platform. Climb to this platform before gliding towards a pillar where they can get their next Treasure Chest and its rewards.
- Rewards: Two Gold Ores and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #20: Head towards Tamala's house at Thorny Thicket and head west to find a footbridge. Look for a waterlogged boat in the river where this chest is submerged in the waters beside the footbridge.
- Rewards: 20 Gold, five Dispel Arrows, ten standard Arrows, and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #21: This next chest is found east of Tamala's house at Thorny Thicket, where they can follow the river toward the waterfall. This chest is hidden behind the waterfall, and they can walk behind it to find the chest.
- Rewards: 25 Gold, 20 Heartwood Planks and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #22: Continue following the river east until they find a footbridge heading towards the mountains. Climb the cliffs beside the closed-off mines and find the chest on the outcropping overlooking the footbridge beside a tree and bushes.
- Rewards: 29 Gold, one Gold Ore, and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #23: The following chest is on a small island east of the Statue Garden, which must be on the eastern side of the ruins at the Statue Garden. Jump onto the ledge, glide towards the pillar across the Statue Garden, and drop onto the chest to claim it.
- Rewards: 35 Gold, one Dragon's Beard Peat, three Heat Roots, and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #24: Travel to Coral Shores next and head towards the coastline, where they can spot some broken wooden platforms. To reach these platforms, find the nearest cliff before gliding towards the platform where the chest can be found.
- Rewards: 40 Gold, 20 Sticky Smoke Bombs, 20 Sneaky Smoke Bombs and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #25: From the previous location, go west towards the mountains and locate a cavern below these mountains. Find some platforms where players can maneuver towards the grated pillar and climb it to find the chest.
- Rewards: Four Gold, four Silk Threads, and a Pirate Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #26: From the cavern at Coral Shores, head south towards Lighthouse Lagoon, where they must find a bridge leading out of the Ancient Aqueduct. To access the bridge, climb up the cliffs near the bridge before jumping over the ledge and walking towards the chest near the tree.
- Rewards: One Iron Bar and an Ancient Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #27: Make their way west towards Proudhorn Pass and spot some ruins nearby. Climb up the cliffs on the west beside the geyser before gliding across the broken, ruined bridge and picking up the chest seen here.
- Rewards: 54 Gold, one Pearl, one Gold Ore, and an Ancient Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #28: This chest is situated along the Ancient Aqueduct south of the Fast Travel Stable Board. Climb up the cliffs by the Ancient Aqueduct, and on one of the alcoves, find some bushes where the chest is hidden behind them.
- Rewards: 20 Gold, one Sweet Leaf, two Briar Daisies and a Treasure Chest
- Treasure Chest Location #29: Nearby the Ancient Aqueduct Fast Travel Stable Board, walk behind the farmhouse where this chest is hidden in a haystack.
- Rewards: 15 Gold, one Cooking Oil, one Butter and a Treasure chest
- Treasure Chest Location #30: Head north from the Ancient Aqueduct Fast Travel Stable Board towards Proudhorn Pass. Find a mine cave below the mountains by the lakeside and head inside to claim this partially submerged chest.
- Rewards: Five Gold, one Heat Root, two Sweet Leaves, and a Pirate Treasure Chest
With these chests found looted, this completes the Plundering the Bay Accomplishment, where players will be rewarded with 50 Renown and the Bahari Bay Map Furnishing item. As for what they can do with all these chests collected, they give them to Tish as a Daily Gift to increase their Friendship levels with her.
Palia is currently available via the Epic Games Store and in Open Beta for PC, as players can install the game launcher detailed in this guide. The game is now available to download for Nintendo Switch as of 14th December 2023.