The subject of the Silverwings is of high priority for siblings Caleri and Elouisa during the It Takes a Village subquests and continues in this new quest, Proof of Magic. As the name suggests, players will be requested to find evidence on the Silverwings by collecting record logs found throughout the Temple of the Gales.
Each piece of evidence found documents human research reports into the Silverwings as the data provided can be useful in discovering what had happened to the Silverwings and humans. If they’re ready to begin collecting evidence, we’ve explained how to complete the Proof of Magic quest and the objectives to help them along the way in Palia.
Palia Proof Of Magic Quest Objectives List
Proof of Magic is among the few subquests players can receive when exploring the Temple of the Gales. They can speak with Caleri or Elouisa at the entrance to the temple, which will help the siblings distinguish truth from fiction on the subject of the Silverwings.
As they need to search the entirety of the Temple of the Gales, looking for all eight record logs as evidence, each sibling has four to be submitted to each, which unlocks dialogue options correlated to the subject of these record logs. Let’s look at all the quest objectives required to be completed for the Proof of Magic quest in Palia:
- 0/4 Bring Elouisa evidence
- 0/4 Bring Caleri evidence
- Tell Elouisa or Caleri the investigation is done
How To Complete The Proof Of Magic Quest In Palia?
Proof of Magic is a subquest players can get from speaking with Caleri or Elouisa at the start of the Silver-winging It! quest at the Temple of the Gales entrance. We advise players to collect evidence while completing the Silver-winging It! and It Takes a Village subquests, as they’ll find evidence for both characters while seeking out the Silverwing Eggs, Ancient Cloudminnow, and Ancient Flowbugs for these respective quests.
The siblings tasked players with finding documentation on the Silverwings while exploring the temple to provide evidence for their theories regarding the fabled creature. There are eight tablets that are scattered throughout the temple and can be found at the locations detailed below:
- Record Log 399: Head to the island's eastern side using the Flow Gate east of the Main Island to bring players to this section of the temple. Go left from the Flow Gate to wrap around the cliff and jump over some ruins where this piece of evidence is found on a ruin near the orange Juniper tree.
- Record Log 411: This piece of evidence can be located within a tree stump behind the Main Island Flow Gate, near the air vent players used to reach the island itself.
- Record Log 425: From the location of the Flow Gate where players can start finding Caleri’s Record Log 399, locate the grate on their left and climb up where at the top, go straight towards some ruins with another piece of evidence to collect.
- Record Log 450: From the location of the second piece of evidence, climb up the cliff to the building on the left side of the steps, which is where players can find this record log.
- Record Log 125: Use the Flow Gate west from the Main Island to teleport to the Flow Gate on the southernmost island. Jump or glide across to the bridge before using the grate to climb up; walk up the ramp to reach another bridge where the floating windmills are; players can glide across and climb up the vines to the third floating windmill where the log is resting atop of some rocks.
- Record Log 380: Use the Flow Gate west from the Main Island to teleport to the Flow Gate on the southernmost island. Jump or glide across to the bridge before using the grate to climb up, walk up the ramp, and turn left through the ruins, where the next piece of evidence can be found on a rock.
- Record Log 487: At the location of Caleri’s Record Log 425, climb up the cliff to reach the windmill before jumping onto the closest floating platform. Players will find a series of air currents wrapping around the windmill where they’ll need to jump into them, release the W key (or up directional button) to gain some height until they reach the windmill building, and the next piece of evidence is on a ledge.
- Record Log 500: This record log can only be accessed once the final island north of the Main Island is unlocked at the start of the Eye of the Storm quest. Glide across to the island using the air current but steer to their left and head towards the lower level before dropping down to find the record log resting on a large rock and they can take the staircase on the left side to reach the Flow Gate here.
With the evidence collected, speak to Caleri and Elouisa inside the chamber of the final island and select the appropriate dialogue options in response to each theory on the Silverwings. We’ve carefully listed the best dialogue options for each theory when speaking to Caleri and Elouisa at the end of the Proof of Magic quest:
Caleri’s Dialogue Options:
- “I found a note about Silverwing strength…”: “They can lift an entire wagon!”
- “I found a note about Silverwing flocks…”: “They ride other Silverwings' back when migrating.”
- “I found a note about Silverwing eggs…”: “They come in different colors.”
- “I found a note about Silverwing sounds…”: “Loud enough to be heard across a valley.”
Elouisa’s Dialogue Options:
- “I found a note about Silverwing feathers…”: “They contain special types of Flow.”
- “I found a note about Silverwing habitats…”: “They usually only live at the highest altitudes.”
- “I found a note about Silverwing sizes…”: “Silverwings grow to huge sizes over time.”
- “I found a note about Goldwing…”: “It's the oldest Silverwing that Humans knew about.”
After sharing the information gathered from the record logs discovered throughout the Temple of the Gales, the siblings will discuss with each other to translate what this information could entail regarding the Silverwing. This will conclude the Prood of Magic subquest as players can receive 15 Renown and either a Star-Quality Ancient Cloudminnow if they went to Caleri first or the Star-Quality Ancient Flowbug for speaking with Elouisa first.
Palia is currently available via the Epic Games Store and in Open Beta for PC, as players can install the game launcher detailed in this guide. The game is now available to download for Nintendo Switch as of 14th December 2023.