The first major PUBG: New State patch, update version 0.9.2, is here and boasts tonnes of new content and gameplay improvements, ranging from a brand-new L85A3 assault rifle to an all-new Merit Points System to punish negative behaviour.
There are also two new vehicles, the Electron and Mesta and general feature improvements to vehicles, including the addition of radios. So, polish your pans and get an edge on the competition by learning about all the new changes in PUBG: New State patch 0.9.2.
PUBG: New State 0.9.2 - New L85A3 assault rifle
The L85A3 is a new Bullpup assault rifle with low recoil found in Erangel and Troi. Krafton says that the gun "opens up a new way for Survivors to take on the Battlegrounds of 2051."
The weapon uses 5.56 mm ammunition and boasts the greatest damage of all 5.56 assault rifles in PUBG: New State. The L85A3 also performs well in mid to long-range gunfights and is only held back by its low fire rate.
New gun customisation for L85A3
Survivors can also customise their L85A3 with a new all-in-one vertical foregrip and bipod to reduce vertical recoil and improve shooting accuracy while crouched or prone at the slight expense of reduced ADS speed.
PUBG: New State 0.9.2 - All new vehicles and changes
There are two new vehicles in PUBG: New State.
New Vehicle: Electron
The Electron is a new electric 6-seater minibus that is more durable than other vehicles in the game. The vehicle can be found across Troi and Training Ground and allows Survivors to switch seats while in the vehicle, even when riding with an entire squad.
New Vehicle: Mesta
The Mesta is a classic gas-operated 2-seater sportscar found in Erangel, Training Ground and specific areas of Troi. The vehicle is available in two models, standard and open, and boasts quick acceleration capable of hitting high top speeds.
New Vehicle Changes
There are also several general gameplay improvements to other vehicles in PUBG: New State.
- Changed vehicle boarding parameters so you do not have to be right beside the vehicle's door to be able to enter it
- Improved the [Drive], [Get In], and [Door] buttons so that they respond faster
- Improved the vehicle handling controls for the Nova, Volta, and Dacia
- Improved the left/right turning mechanisms to be smoother than before
- Changed the electric sports car Nova from 4-wheel drive to front-wheel drive
- Increased the size of the Boost button in the Default Button Settings
- Changed the Boost button so that tapping it while in Auto-Drive will no longer cancel Auto-Drive
- Added radios to vehicles
- Fixed the buoyancy of vehicles in water, so it is applied normally
- Reduced the time that the engine will run when a vehicle is submerged in water from 10 seconds to 5 seconds
PUBG: New State 0.9.2 - All other gameplay changes
There are several other gameplay updates, which we listed below, per the official patch notes.
New Gun Customisations
M416 [C2] Long Barrel
A second customisation is now available for the M416 to increase damage at the expense of vertical recoil. Once customised, this attachment will disable the M416's muzzle slot.
Survivors can only customise the M416 once per match, so choose wisely!
SLR [C2] 5.56mm Barrel
You can swap out the SLR's 7.62mm barrel for a 5.56mm barrel. This attachment will increase firing accuracy and decrease damage compared to the 7.62 mm barrel.
Survivors can only customise the SLR once per match, so choose wisely!
New Survivor Pass Volume 2
The second volume of the Survivor Pass kicks off from 9th December and will be led by the character Bella of the Dream Runners Faction in addition to the following new features:
- Upgraded level rewards for the Premium Pass
- Rewards now include vehicle skins and more character costumes!
- 1,500 NC will be rewarded to Survivors upon reaching Level 48 of the Premium Pass
- Added BP Chests as a Free Pass reward
New Lobby Theme and Map Update
- The Lobby background and music have been changed to a winter festival theme.
- The BP Store background has also been updated!
- Made general improvements to graphics quality
Character Controls and Actions
- Fixed an issue with the joystick controls in control schemes #1 and #2 so that the control sensitivities will now be correctly applied based on the size of the joystick controls
- Parkour moves can now be performed on doors from further away.
- Changed the combat roll mechanics so that when executing a combat roll when your Boost Gauge is 20 or above, you will perform a Boost Roll instead and cover more ground.
Krafton also made changes to Team Deathmatch (Station), introduced a new Merit Points System to punish negative behaviour and a few miscellaneous changes, which you can read more about in the official blog post.
Stay tuned to our dedicated PUBG section for news about the franchise, including PUBG: New State, as well as guides and much more.
Header image courtesy of Krafton.