Trainers participating in events like the current Lunar New Year event is the way to get as many Shiny Pokemon in Pokémon GO. Pokemon GO constantly has events to help players further their engagement with the game and get as many items and Pokemon as they want.
Pokémon GO has started its Lunar New Year event, which means that there will be new Timed Research tasks that players can do. These Timed Research tasks are not here for very long, so it is essential to know what tasks you have to do and what rewards you will get for completing them.
All Pokémon GO Lucky Wishes Timed Research & Rewards For Lunar New Year Event
Developer Niantic has plenty planned for Trainers who decide to take the time to participate in the Lunar New Year event. This includes the event-themed Field Research and the limited-time Timed Research called Lucky Wishes, among other ways you can further engage with the game.
Upon completing the Timed Research tasks, you will have several rewards waiting for you, including items like XP, Stardust, Poké Balls, and more. On top of that, complete each page of the Timed Research to earn its respective, which could be additional XP, Stardust, Eggs, and Incubators.
Let's look at all the Lucky Wishes Timed Research tasks and the rewards you can earn upon their completion in Pokémon GO according to information provided by notable source, Leek Duck:
Lucky Wishes Timed Research (1/2):
- Catch five Pokémon: Poké Balls x15
- Power up Pokémon five times: Great Ball x10
- Spin three PokéStops and/or Gyms: Silver Pinap Berry x2
- Page Rewards: 500 Stardust, 500 XP, and an Egg
Lucky Wishes Timed Research (2/2):
- Catch ten Pokémon: Bunnelby Encounter
- Catch 25 Pokémon: Magikarp Encounter
- Catch eight various Pokémon species: Combusken Encounter
- Hatch three Eggs: Galarian Darumaka Encounter
- Send 25 Gifts to your Friends: Azumarill Encounter
- Page Rewards: Darumaka Encounter
- Hatching Path Rewards: Incubator x1
- Incense Path Rewards: Golden Razz Berry x10 and Ultra Ball x25
- Stardust Path: Star Piece x1
You have the option to choose between three different Research paths, which reward you with either halved Hatching distance, double duration of Daily Adventure Incense, or double catch Stardust. Regardless of which path you choose, you'll also receive an encounter with Darumaka as a reward.
You have a time limit to complete these tasks, but they will expire if you don't complete or collect the rewards before the Lunar New Year event ends. This differs from other tasks, like the Field and Special Research tasks, as they tend to remain accessible long after the event's conclusion.
It is easy to know when these Timed Research tasks will expire as the Lunar New Year event will last from 19th to 23rd January 2023. After that, the Timed Research tasks will no longer be available, so they can't complete a task or collect rewards.