As festivities are currently underway for the Safari Zone: Singapore event, developers Niantic and Game Freak announced yet another partnership bringing the worlds of Pokémon closer in-game. After the sudden appearance of Gimmighoul in Pokémon GO, Trainers can sport new looks with a series of avatar items available to equip.
Much like they had done with the release of Pokémon Legends: Arceus, these new avatar items are inspired by the Paldean unforms of Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. This guide details all available Scarlet and Violet avatar items and how to equip them in Pokémon GO.
All Pokémon Scarlet And Violet Avatar Items For Pokémon GO
On 17th November 2022, developer Niantic announced that Pokémon GO is celebrating the launch of Game Freak's latest releases, Pokémon Scarlet and Violet. This sees Scarlet and Violet-themed avatar items appearing in Pokémon GO available for all Trainers to enjoy.
These items (indicated below) are inspired by the uniforms worn by the protagonists from Scarlet and Violet's Paldea region. This was detailed in a developer blog post, in which Niantic revealed what the items would look like in-game.
- Pokémon Scarlet: White shirt, orange/red tie, orange/red shorts, white socks with black shoes, a black backpack, and a hat
- Pokémon Violet: White shirt, purple tie, purple shorts, black socks with brown shoes, a brown backpack, and a hat
The color swatches for the Scarlet and Violet-themed avatar items see main items like the tie and shorts matching the game's designs. Additionally, accessories are contrasted with neutral colors, with white and black chosen for the Scarlet items and white and brown for Scarlet.
How To Get Scarlet And Violet Avatar Items In Pokémon GO
It's important to note that avatar items don't appear to have any variations for male and female avatars based on their designs; as a result, Trainers can equip them without any issue. To change your avatar's appearance, follow these instructions:
- From Map View, tap the Trainer avatar's icon in the bottom left of the screen.
- Select the "Style" option located near the Trainer's XP meter
- Choose the clothing category you wish to equip an item from onto your avatar
- Choose the preferred color and/or style
- To confirm the selection, tap "Choose" to wear the item before returning to the previous menu or Home Screen.
You can also change your Trainer avatar's physical appearance, including skin, facial features, and gender, by selecting the button on the top right of the Style screen menu. From there, you can continue exploring the open world and show your support for Pokémon Scarlet and Violet in Pokémon GO.
Pokémon GO Safari Zone Singapore – All Timed Research Challenges | Pokémon GO Safari Zone Singapore – All Special Research Challenges | Pokémon GO Team GO Rocket Takeover – All Field Research Challenges | Pokémon GO Team GO Rocket Takeover – All Special Research Challenges
Featured image courtesy of Niantic / The Pokémon Company.