With Season of Celebration comes the GO Battle League Season 6, which will also possess some substantial changes to its format moving forward.
Let's break it all down.
GO Battle League Season 6 - Start and end dates
Season 6 of the GO Battle League started 30th November at 1:00 pm PST/9:00 pm GMT. Niantic only revealed a roadmap for the first half of the season, which will run until 11th January 2021.
Here are the start times for specific Leagues and their respective Cups:
- The Great League will run from Monday, November 30, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, December 14, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
- The Ultra League and its Premier Cup will run from Monday, December 14, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, December 28, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
- The Master League, its Premier Cup, Master League Classic, and Holiday Cup will run from Monday, December 28, 2020, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, January 4, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8). Only Pokémon that haven’t been powered up with Candy XL are allowed in the Master League Classic.
- All three leagues and the Ultra League Premier Cup will run from Monday, January 4, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Monday, January 11, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8).
New in GO Battle League Season 6
Let's run through everything new you can expect when you jump into Pokémon GO's PvP:
Niantic revealed that ranks were expanded to 20 from 10. On top of this, four unique ranks for high-level players were also announced. Here are the rating requirements for them:
- Ace: 2,000
- Veteran: 2,500
- Expert: 2,750
- Legend: 3,000
The following ranks will be unique in terms of how players progress through them and the rewards granted on the rewards tracks. Once you reach these ranks, you need to only complete one set of battles to progress to the next rank.
- Rank 5: The rewards will be mystery items.
- Rank 10: The rewards will be Stardust.
- Rank 15: The rewards will be Rare Candies.
- Rank 19: The rewards will be Pokémon encounters.
Players who reach rank 20 can encounter the Legendary Pokémon that is available to battle in five-star raids at that time.
Let's look at special Pokémon encounters each rank will grant you:
(Image: The Pokémon Company)
- Various Ranks: You’ll be guaranteed to encounter some first partner Pokémon originally discovered in various regions as you progress through the ranks
- Rank 16: Chespin
- Rank 17: Fennekin
- Rank 18: Froakie
- Rank 20: You’ll be guaranteed to encounter a surprise Pokémon during the second half of Season 6
- Legend Rank: You’ll be guaranteed to encounter a Pikachu Libre
Niantic also teased Attack Updates but didn't go into any specifics.
We'll keep you updated as soon as they give any further information.