The Pokémon Unite 1st Anniversary update is officially live for all Trainers to download and install on their compatible devices. The update brings forth a new season with more new competitive missions and Holowear rewards to earn during the celebratory activities.
In addition, the update will see several Pokémon receiving much-needed changes to make the game and battles more stable. Here are all the latest balance changes and bug fixes in the Pokémon Unite Season 9 patch notes.
Pokémon Unite Season 9 Update – Server Downtime
Pokémon Unite developer TiMi Studio Group took down all servers on 20th July 2022 at 14:30 PT | 17:30 ET | 21:30 GMT to implement the latest bug fixes, balance changes, new competitive season, and Anniversary content.
Attention Trainers! #PokemonUNITE will be in maintenance on July 20 from 2:30pm to 12:00am PT. During this time, the game will not be playable while we make adjustments.— Pokémon UNITE (@PokemonUnite) July 20, 2022
We appreciate your patience and understanding! pic.twitter.com/0JY7lMopGT
The latter introduces new Anniversary-themed events, challenges, and rewards for Trainers to participate in until the season concludes on 2nd September 2022. Additionally, the new season sees three new Pokémon added to the roster, with three more arriving in September.
- Pokémon GO Little Cup Remix – Best Picks, Rules, And More
- Pokemon GO Fest Seattle Global Challenge – How To Participate
- Pokémon GO Hisuian Discoveries event – Every New Debut
- Pokémon GO – Galarian Zigzagoon Community Day Details
The game’s Battle Pass has been reset for the new season, and Trainers can progress through the free and paid tiers to earn rewards, including Aeos Tickets, Aeos Coins, Songstress Style: Wigglytuff, and Band Style: Pikachu Holowear. Lastly, the game introduces a new feature, Boost Emblems, which can be obtained through the gacha system and equipped from the battle screen.
Pokémon Unite Season 9 Update – Patch Notes
The game is celebrating its first anniversary and is thanking the community for all the incredible battles, near-misses, and defeats ascended the Aeos Island since 21st July 2021. With a plethora of new Pokémon, events, and rewards Trainers can work towards during the season, some balance changes look to buff or nerf a few Pokémon’s stats and abilities to make Unite battles fair and balanced.
Below are the latest balance changes made to the following Pokémon and their abilities:
- Night Slash –The AoE damage dealt to enemy Pokémon has been decreased.
- Psycho Cut – Damage dealt to enemy Pokémon has been decreased.
- Mystical Fire – fixed bugs that create additional effects to occur.
- Fire Blast – fixed bugs affecting the ability creating additional effects to occur; damage dealt by this ability has been increased.
- Fire Spin – the duration of this ability has been adjusted; damage dealt to enemy Pokémon has been decreased.
- Flame Charge – the duration of this ability has been adjusted; the range of this ability has been increased.
- Safeguard – the cooldown period of this ability has been lengthened; the shielding effect of this ability has been weakened.
- Egg Bomb – damage dealt to enemy Pokémon has been decreased; the duration of the ability’s effects on enemy Pokémon has been decreased.
- Discharge – damage dealt to enemy Pokémon has been increased; the cooldown period of this ability has been reduced.
- Unite Move: Plasma Gale – the level of the ability learned has been adjusted to Level 9.
- HP – the Pokémon’s HP has been increased
- Bubble - damage dealt to enemy Pokémon has been increased
- Play Rough – the cooldown period of this ability has been reduced
- Aqua Tail – damage dealt to enemy Pokémon has been increased; the HP restoration has been increased; the cooldown period of this ability has been reduced
The Season 9 and Anniversary Celebration update is live in Pokémon Unite on 21st July 2022 at 12:00 PDT | 3:00 EDT | 7:00 GMT. Pokémon Unite is available for Android and iOS devices and Nintendo Switch consoles.
For all the awesome content, check out our dedicated section for more Pokémon news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of TiMi Studio Group / The Pokémon Company.