With plenty of events to go through, the 2021-22 season is still set to hold two more Majors and a World Championship so it is no time to slack off in the old continent.
From start dates to format, here's everything you need to know about the first RLCS Winter regional event of the European Region!
When does the RLCS 21/22 EU Winter Regional #1 start?
The RLCS 21/22 EU Winter Regional #1 will start at 8 am PT / 3 pm UTC every day from 21st to 23rd January 2022.
RLCS 21/22 EU Winter Regional #1: How to watch
RLCS 21/22 EU Winter Regional #1 Format
The RLCS 21/22 EU Winter Regional #1 will have two phases to the tournament:
- 16 teams - split into 4 groups of 4.
- Round Robin Bo5
- The winner of each group qualifies for the Winners' Bracket of the Playoffs.
- Places 2 and 3 of each group qualify to the Losers' Bracket of the Playoffs.
- 4th place of each group is eliminated.
- Double Elimination Bracket.
- Upper Bracket: All matches are Bo7.
- Lower Bracket: Rounds 1 and 2 are Bo5. Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals are Bo7.
- Grand Finals are Bo7.
RLCS 21/22 EU Winter Regional #1 prize pool
The RLCS 21/22 EU Winter Regional #1 has a total prize pool of $100,000. The prize pool plus RLCS Circuit Ranking points needed to qualify for the March 2022 Winter Major and the July 2022 World Championship is distributed as such:
- 1st - $30,000 and 301 points
- 2nd - $20,000 and 250 points
- 3rd - 4th: $8,500 and 200 points
- 5th - 8th: $4,000 and 150 points
- 9th - 11th: $3,000 and 110 points
- 12th - 14th: $2,000 and 70 points
- 15th - 16th: $1,000 and 40 points
Featured image courtesy of Psyonix.