Stunlock Studios' smash hit, V Rising, continues to grow in stature during its Early Access period on Steam. Late in June, the developers released the Hotfix 7 update, with bug fixes and Steam Cloud support. Now, on 6th July 2022, the V Rising Hotfix 8 update (Patch 0.5.42553) has been released, alongside a Scheduled Server Wipe feature.
In this article, we outline the complete, official V Rising 6th July patch notes, including bug fixes, new settings, the aforementioned Scheduled Server Wipe feature, and more.
V Rising Hotfix 8 update patch notes
Vampire Lords are in for a treat with the latest V Rising update released on 6th July 2022.
- How to remove the Garlic Debuff in V Rising
- V Rising Vampire Powers - How To Unlock All Shapeshifting Forms
- V Rising Admin Commands List - All console commands
- V Rising Glass guide – Quartz farming locations and how to craft
First up, it is very important to note that with this new patch, the old version of V Rising will not be compatible with the new server version, thus the game must be updated to the latest version for it to work.
Let's just jump straight into the V Rising Hotfix 8 update patch notes, starting with the brand-new and highly-requested feature!
V Rising New Features - Scheduled Server Wipes
- Servers with Scheduled Wipes will show a unique icon in the server list.
- Added a filter to show only servers with Scheduled Wipes.
- Server with Scheduled Wipes will display the number of days remaining until the next planned wipe.
- Once the date for the wipe arrives, the next Server Restart will trigger a wipe.
- Instructions on how to use this feature will be included in our Dedicated Server documentation and on G-Portal’s website.
- We will open new Official servers with this feature in the near future.
- Please note that Scheduled Wipes will only be possible in new servers created after today’s patch.
New V Rising Settings (6 July):
- Added new ServerHostSettings for lowering FPS on servers when they are empty:
-The default is true and with a value of 1.
- Official PvP Presets now uses 1.25 BloodDrainModifier instead of 1.0
V Rising Bug Fixes Hotfix Update 8:
- Fixed a bug where clouds would get blurrier and start to lag over time.
- DLCs now work in LAN Mode.
- Fixed a rare server crash involving Directional Shields and Counters.
- Fixed an issue where crashing servers would leave a growing amount of temporary data in the save folders. Such temporary data will be cleaned up with this patch.
General V Rising changes and improvements:
- The initial Server List request will now prioritize servers with players, to increase the speed at which servers are fetched.
- Replaced “Activity” with “Territory” in the server list view.
- Localization has been added for Spanish - Latin America, Danish, Thai, and Ukrainian.
- Replaced “Days Played” with “Days Running” in the Server Details.
- “Days Played” previously displayed the number of in-game days since server start, “Days Running” will now instead display the number of real-time days since server start.
V Rising players are urged to report bugs to the developers via this link if issues occur after 14:00 UTC on 6th July, such as being stuck at the loading screen.
So there you have it, the complete V Rising Hotfix 8 update (version 0.5.42553) patch notes, including the long-requested Scheduled Server Wipe feature, new settings, fixes, and more.
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to V Rising news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Stunlock Studios.