Developer Stunlock Studios have unleashed the first big V Rising update to the joy of prospective vampire lords across the globe, and we've got the full V Rising update v0.5.41448 patch notes to share.
In the first big V Rising update, an offline mode has been added, alongside some great changes and fixes, new server Admin Commands and more. Let's dive straight into the V Rising v0.5.41448 update patch notes
V Rising update adds offline (LAN) mode
When V Rising launched into Early Access on Steam, the game's feature list boasted an offline mode but didn't have one. The developers promised a V Rising offline mode would come soon enough, and now it has with the first big update.
- V Rising Weapon Tier List – All weapons ranked from best to worst
- How to protect your Castle from raids in V Rising
- Unlock V Rising Wolf Form - Alpha Wolf Boss Location & Guide
- Unlock V Rising Bear Form - Ferocious Bear Boss Location & Guide
In the V Rising v0.5.41448 patch notes, Stunlock Studios announces: We have now enabled LAN Mode, allowing players to play V Rising without an internet connection. Players can activate this mode within the host game screen and when starting up the server.
LAN Mode can be played solo or with friends on the same local network. Please keep in mind that we will work on improving the LAN Mode as we continue to develop V Rising during Early Access."
It's great to see the developers delivering on their promises so quickly during a busy Early Access period, which, in a week has already seen a tonne of players and some interesting stats as you can see from the image above.
New V Rising Admin Commands & server messages
The developers have added a feature "to send server-wide messages. On GPortal servers, a message will show up in the chat when a server restarts as part of its maintenance routine, warning players to get to safety before the server shuts down."
The expected downtime for server restarts can last up to a minute. Other server hosts can use this new feature to send important messages to players on a particular server.
To improve the management of privately hosted servers, the developers have also added new console commands in the first big V Rising update.
- changehealthofclosesttomouse - This command modifies the health of the target unit/object closest to the admin's cursor, allowing admins to deal damage or heal targets.
- changedurability - This command modifies the durability of equipped items. Note that it cannot be used to repair broken items that are not equipped.
- addtime - This command adds up to 12 in-game hours to leap in time, affecting the current in-game hour and the respawn timers of units and objects. Use this command in quick succession to add more time. Please note that a server can never go back in time.
Furthermore, V Rising server icons have been added next to the name on official servers to make it easier to identify them.
Now, let's get to all the welcome changes and fixes as per the V Rising update v0.5.41448 patch notes.
V Rising v0.5.41448 patch notes - All fixes and changes
This V Rising patch includes several fixes for the "Authentication Error" which has stopped many vampire lords from getting back onto a specific server. Further, salvaging cloaks no longer returns the total crafting cost, players can no longer make a material profit by crafting and salvaging certain cloaks in combination with the tailoring floor bonus.
V Rising update - fixes and changes:
- Players can no longer send the same servant on multiple hunts by placing several thrones.
- Castle floors will no longer disconnect from the Castle Heart when two players dismantle connecting floors simultaneously.
- Players will no longer get multiple equipment buffs by equipping two weapons simultaneously under certain circumstances.
- Some characters in Simplified Chinese, Korean, and Japanese used to display incorrectly at times. We updated the font used in the game to prevent this from happening.
Lastly, Steam Cloud can now store V Rising Server History. The automatic save is enabled by default. To disable it, go to the Steam Properties for V Rising. This will solve an issue with "missing character" that could occur when joining a server from a different PC.
So there you have it, the complete V Rising update v0.5.41448 patch notes. It is great to see the developers delivering an update such as this one just one week since the game's Early Access release on Steam.
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to V Rising news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Stunlock Studios.