Valheim first-person view mod: How to install
Not everyone likes the third-person perspective in games. Sometimes, you just want to look through the eyes of your character, and experience the world of Valheim from the first-person perspective.
A new mod created by Kailen_ allows you to play Valheim looking through the eyes of your character. While the mod is being updated and bugs fixed (latest updated on 23rd February 2021), it already works beautifully.
To install the Valheim first-person view mod, follow the relatively easy steps below, as you will need to install two mods to get everything working:
- Download the BepInExPack Valheim mod.
- Extract the archive into a folder. Do not extract into the game folder.
- Move the contents of BepInExPack_Valheim folder into <Steam Location>\steamapps\common\Valheim.
- Run the game via Steam once.
- Download the First Person View mod.
- Add the Cameramod.dll in the folder which should look like this: "steamapps\common\Valheim\BepInEx\plugins\"
- Load Valheim and use the mouse scroll to zoom into the first-person view.
There's also a configuration file for Field of View (FOV) adjustments, with the location of: "Valheim\BepInEx\config\CameraMod.Kailen_.cfg"
Options in this file include first-person FOV, third-person FOV, font size and text display time if you want to mess around with additional settings.
As always with mods, please remember the Valheim Plus mod is not officially supported by Iron Gate. Therefore, you should install it with caution, and proceed at your own risk, and perform a backup before installing.