After months of teasers and a series of short spotlight videos, the first major Valheim update, Hearth & Home, is finally here.
It has been added today, 16th September, with Valheim patch 0.202.14, and it brings a slew of new features, improvements, changes, and of course, new content for players to dive into.
As the name suggests, the main focus of this update is our Viking home and thus the Hearth & Home update comes with a set of new options to customize our homes, as well as new food and building options.
The update comes with new mechanics, furniture, building pieces, food, weapons, optimizations and much more.
In addition, Iron Gate AB, the game's developers, have listened to the community feedback and added several highly requested features and changes, including the ability to share map data with other Vikings in your world, the ability to destroy your unwanted items and to plant more types of trees with seeds you will find while playing.
Most of these new features we've already seen via spotlight videos, but there are many new and never-before-shown things as well, some of them devs wanted to keep as a surprise, as they don't want to spoil the fun. Let's just say that something dark and mysterious is lurking in the woods... take care!
Valheim Hearth & Home 0.202.14 changelog
- Weapons rebalanced (All weapons have been rebalanced to be more viable as the main weapon and also have more unique playstyles)
- Blocking system overhauled (Current maximum hp now greatly affects your ability to block attacks, stagger bar GUI added)
- Naming tamed creatures
- Gamepad sensitivity settings
- Auto-pickup toggle button added
- Graphics settings (Active point lights & Active point light shadows)
- Tamed creatures affected by friendly fire setting (i.e you can’t hurt a tamed creature unless you enable friendly fire or use the new Butcher knife item)
- Various other improvements and bugfixes
- Food rebalance (Most food items now give mainly stamina or mainly health to make food choices more interesting)
- Food GUI overhauled to work better with the rebalanced food
- Over 10 new things to eat (Actually 12)
- Tamed Lox now have a purpose
- Slimy locations & creatures added to plains
- New plantable seeds: Birch, Oak & Onions
- New weapons: Crystal battleaxe, Silver knife
- New shields: Bone tower shield, Iron buckler
- Butcherknife (Special weapon for butchering tamed animals)
- Thunder stone (Sold by the trader)
- Lox accessory
- New Darkwood building pieces like shingle roofs, beams, decorations and more
- New types of furniture, including but not limited to a mighty stone throne and a steamy Viking hot tub
- Crystal walls
- New types of stacks to show off your treasure and resources
- Cauldron improvements: Spice rack, Butcher’s table, Pots and pans
- Cartography table (For sharing map-data with other players)
- Oven added (For baking bread and pie)
- Obliterator added (Items be gone)
- Iron cooking station (Required to cook some types of meat)
For more on all things Valheim, check out our dedicated section filled with news, guides, and more.