Developers have removed the dangerous spawn locations in the Deathmatch to make the battle fair for both teams. In addition to this, Brimstone's ultimate will properly block visibility while active.
AFK detection feature has been improved, and along with this, CPU-bound players 15% improvement in baseline performance of Valorant. Here are the complete Valorant 4.03 patch notes detailing all the additions and updates in the game.
Valorant 4.03 patch notes
- Brimstone's ultimate now properly blocks gameplay visibility while active
- You'll no longer see enemies on the minimap through the ultimate.
- Abilities that require line of sight (flashes, Sova recon pulses) will no longer apply through the ultimate.
- Removed and in some cases relocated "dangerous" spawn locations
- Improved spawn logic and spawn placement to increase the likelihood that you will be facing each other players in an encounter
- Spawning logic will now favour respawn locations farther away from where you are defeated
- Fixed an issue where the Warm-Up Phase was not using spawn logic properly
- Respawn Time Reduced: 3s >>> 1.5s
- Updated AFK detection in-game to deter players from exploiting game modes to farm EXP
- Global Invalidation
- Global Invalidation provides up to 15% improvement to baseline performance for CPU-bound players
- CPU-bound players are generally mid-to-high spec machines.
- These numbers are based on data gathered from PBE over two weekends (Jan. 22–23, and Feb. 5–6).
- Although we expect a large portion of the player base to benefit from these gains, your machine's performance may vary.
- Updates to the colour of the tile used to display sprays in your Collections
- Some sprays were too close to the colour of the original tile and were hard to see properly before actually using them in-game.
Game systems updates
- Added option to return to strongest weapon
- You can now return to the strongest weapon when pressing the "Equip Last Used Item" key or when auto-equipping a weapon.
- To toggle ON, go to Settings >> Controls >> Equipment under “Prioritize Strongest Weapon.”
- This was released in 4.02 but did not make it into the patch notes.
- Projectile follow is now fixed for observer followers
- Added observer settings toggle to turn Agent portrait on/off
The last patch before Act II targets improved performance, spawn adjustments to Deathmatch and fixing a collection of Agent bugs. Read from the source: https://t.co/43FPXp0gmqpic.twitter.com/BxHQ9B3E7R— VALORANT (@PlayVALORANT) February 15, 2022
- Fixed a bug where Chamber's Headhunter and Tour de Force could float away ● Fixed an exploit where, using specific line-ups, it was possible to see inside Viper's ultimate without being affected by the nearsighted debuff
- Fixed a bug where Viper's ultimate would sometimes fail to expand through doorways
- Fixed a bug where pressing enter in pre-game wouldn't focus chat
- Fixed a bug where right clicking a player portrait would not bring up a context menu
- Fixed a bug where performance stats would be hidden while spectating the Spike
- Esports Features
- There is a brief flash when swapping into free-cam mode as an observer follower
So there you have it, the full Valorant 4.03 patch notes. We can't help but wonder what Brimstone mains will think about this update.
Be sure to check out and follow our section dedicated to Valorant to stay updated with the latest news, guides, leaks, update announcements, and more related to the game.
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games.