Valorant patch 4.09 is not quite a contentful update but will still be quite important for Chamber players. you can find its complete patch notes below.
Valorant 4.09 patch notes
- Nightfall (X) - You should now see a decreased amount of flickering textures on diagonal walls when casting Fade’s ultimate. Also added VFX for additional clarity and visual impact.
- Seize (Q) - VFX change to the orb for a more dynamic presentation in 1p and Agent select
Right now, Chamber's Trademark outperforms other Sentinel tools in both reliability and power, which feels inappropriate given the amount of defensive combat tools Chamber has spread across the rest of his kit. We believe Chamber's identity is defined by his unique weapons and defensive combat mobility, so we are decreasing his level of global flank protection/information and increasing counterplay on a single premium trap. This means Chamber will have to make a choice based on if he wants to play selfishly around his Trademark, or place it to help his teammates instead.
- SCS 2022 - South Asia Qualifiers for VCT Stage 2 APAC Challenger announced
- Riot announces Valorant esports plans for 2023
- Valorant Episode 4 Act 3 Agent tier list
- Valorant Mobile gameplay leaks online
A quick note about Sentinels: When we think about the Sentinel role, we think about its overall ability to keep map control and defend space. We believe that Sentinels and Sentinel players should have many options and methods to control and defend, whether it’s through the use of Sage’s reactive slow abilities, Cypher’s flank-watching gadgets, or defensively-oriented combat and guns like Chamber. Like all our Agents, it’s important to carve out sharp strengths and weaknesses for Chamber in the roster. If you take him for his weapon arsenal and disengage, you should feel as if you're giving up a strength—like traps or stall—that his peers excel at. As usual, all eyes are now on Chamber changes, and we’ll adjust if we see him suffer disproportionately on defense relative to attack. —Jay Watford, Lead Agent Designer, and Dan Hardison, Game Designer
- Cost increased 150>>>200
- Charges reduced 2>>>1
- Audio range increased
- Party Lead Transfer — You can now change the lead of your party
- Current party leader can right click the player name they want to transfer the responsibility to, and choose “Make Leader” in the drop down menu.
- A number of small tweaks and updates made to the UI
For more on the game, please make sure to check our section dedicated to Valorant guides, news, tips, and more.
Featured image via Riot Games.