Brimstone is considered a controller - an agent who can use his Sky Smokes and Incendiary grenades to push back enemies on defence or attack. He will be a vital cog of any competitive team and understanding how to use his unique skill set will be key to victory.
- Sky Smoke - Use your map to call in orbital deployment smokescreens that obscure vision. Use your map to target a location.
- Stim Beacon - Target a nearby location to call in a Stim Beacon, giving all players near it RapidFire. (Cost 100)
- Incendiary - Throw an incendiary grenade that deploys a damaging field of fire a la Molotov cocktail (Cost: 200)
- Orbital Strike - Use your map to target a location, launching a devastating orbital strike that pulses for high damage over several seconds. (Points: 6)
Tips and Tricks
- Brimstone's Sky Smoke ability is launched via your map meaning Brimstone doesn't have to be in that location for it to be deployed. Canny teams will use this as the ultimate distraction.
- Brimstone's smokes last longer than any other smoke or sight denial utility like Jett's Cloud Burst or Cypher's Cyber Cage.
- Stim Beacon's are frankly a waste of credits, at 100 a pop, and with limited uses they money is best kept for something else.
- The Orbital Strike can take a while to power up - it is ideal to place on a spike site that has an opponent defusing a bomb. It allows you to take him out without exposing yourself to danger, if the opponent knows what's coming he will have cut short the defuse, if he doesn't, well he will soon be dead.
- Keep an eye on the minimap - if you see a cluster of enemies a well-timed Orbital Strike can make short work of them.
Brimstone has not been officially revealed yet but we do know he is from the US and with his army fatigues and beret appears to be a special operative in an Army. His ability to drop ordnance suggests he has the backing of more than a few Agents.
The art above was created by Twitter user Spiro-Hugo.