With the Valorant closed beta now underway, we've learned a lot about each Agent, including their abilities, and tips on how to play them.
Learning each agents abilities and how best to use them is vital for gaining the upper hand on your opponent. That's why we have put together a guide for each and every Agent, we have put all the information in we have already and we will add more as and when we find it.
- Read more: Valorant: Agent and Abilities Guide
Phoenix was one of the first agents we got to see and he looks to be the ultimate entry-fragger with the ability to push in blind enemies and use his devastating fire abilities to inflict maximum damage on enemies.
Phoenix Agent Guide
Phoenix is a cocky British agent, who likes to get up close and personal, his Curveball ability which you can see being used in his gameplay reveal temporally blinds enemies, notice how he can curve it around walls rather than bounce it off like a flash grenade. This may prove to make it less powerful than a grenade because we don't know just how much you can manipulate the curve.
The Hothand ability is similar to a Molotov, but unlike CS:GO this will HEAL you if you go through it, meaning you can push through when enemies will be making a hasty retreat. Blaze also looks to be a powerful tool to deny opponents line of sight and if anyone does push through the will take damage.
His ultimate ability - Run it back - also gives you the chance to stay in the game. It will mark your current location, and when the timer runs out you or you die you will respawn back there. Pheonix will be the ultimate entry-fragger with this ability - a dangerous role in any game but in Valorant you will get the chance to get back in the game.
Phoenix Abilities Guide
- Hot Hands - Throw a fireball that explodes after a delay or upon impact with the ground. The fire zone damages enemies but will also heal you.
- Curveball - Cast a curving flare that bursts into brilliant light after a brief delay, temporarily blinding all looking at it a la flashbang. FIRE will curve the ball to the left while ALT. FIRE will curve it to the right. (Cost: 100)
- Blaze - Summon a flame wall that blocks vision and damages anyone passing through it. You can bend the wall when casting by holding FIRE and moving your crosshair (Cost: 200)
- Run it back - Mark your current location. If you die during this ability’s duration, or when this ability’s duration expires, you’ll be reborn at the marked location with full health. (Points: 6)
Pheonix Tips and Tricks
- Be aggressive - Pheonix is the perfect entry-fragger, blind your opponents, get in their face and get the kills.
- Blaze is like a super Molotov, not only will it damage enemies it will heal you. Use it, push them back and go in for the kill.
- Run it back is good when playing as the entry fragger or when pushing into a Spike site - but be careful be far back enough that when you respawn you are not quickly moped up by the opponent who has killed your replica.
Phoenix is a British Agent who likes to play it cool... with fire. He's aggressive and perfect for the entry fragger role. In his gameplay reveal, he flashes an enemy and tells them simply to: "sit down". The Agent's initial reveal said he liked was likely to be, “rushing into fights on his own terms… whether he’s got back up or not.”
Valorant will launch with ten Agents right from the start, with further five releasing via a Battle Pass style system.