Riot Games has just released a brand new update for their popular class-based shooter Valorant.
Valorant v2.1 update has been released on 20th January and it is the first patch released since the start of Episode 2.
The main focus of this update is on Split. The map is going through a huge overhaul with several significant changes that will completely change the way that the map is being played.
"This Split update is focused around improving attacker options on the map, as well as reducing 50/50 checks, the depth of certain corners, and opening specific areas on the map by increasing chokepoint widths", Riot explained.
In addition to Split changes, this patch also brings a nerf to Jett's smoke, which now has its duration decreased, which Riot explains is a continuation of the Controller changes from Patch 2.0.
Asides from the Split rework and balance changes, the patch also brings an adjustment of AFK queue restrictions and a plethora of bug fixes.
Valorant v2.1 full patch notes
(Picture: Riot Games)
- Jett Smoke duration decreased from 7 to 4.5
- Increased the width of the B Main doorway
- Added crate on the other side of the doorways as cover
- An additional trash pile placed in the corner
- Increased Spike plant zone boundary
- New material stack for cover in B Site
- Increased the width of the Vent Room entrance
- Added a sloped wall in the Vent Room
- Simplified the Ramen/Scuttle Crab area
- Reduce the depth of cubby in the Sewer to allow pushing through this space more safely
- Increased the width of the doorway to A Tower and reduced safety of defenders in A Tower
- Adjusted wall depth near Screens, which allows you to move out of Screens more safely without the use of utility
- Adjusted angle of the sloped wall
- Added ability to hide custom game results from Match History
- The Add Friend button now exists for teammates only, and the option of adding enemy players has been removed
- Queue restrictions for AFK-ing in-game and during pre-game have changed
- Fixed an issue with rank promotion and demotion indicators overlapping players rank on the Career page
- Fixed a bug that would cause either a Radiant icon or an error message to show during the End of Game screen instead of the correct rank details
- Fixed a bug where Reyna’s Leer would not display on the minimap correctly
- Fixed a bug where credits wouldn’t be properly refunded after selling a gun that a teammate bought
- Fixed a bug where offscreen flash VFX would display incorrectly
- Fixed a bug where Phoenix’s starting location would briefly be displayed on the minimap after being killed in Run it Back
- Fixed issue where Omen’s reforming VFX didn’t line up with where he actually appeared when using Shrouded Step
- Fixed Jett being able to trigger the defuse sound while dashing
- Fixed Omen being able to trigger the defuse sound while teleporting
- Fixed issue that caused Yoru’s Fakeout decoy to persist in the world after his death
- Fixed issue where Raze’s Boom Bot could be placed through some walls
- Fixed issue where Omen could have his gun equipped while forming during From the Shadows
- Resolved Regrowth’s number UI not updating as Skye used the ability
- Fixed fire rate stacking issue when a player is in one Brimstone Stim Pack while other ends
- Fixed Skye not properly showing the callout region she’s in
For detailed explanation behind all these changes and reworks, as well as a visual presentation of Split changes, visit the official Valorant v2.1 blog post.