A small update has dropped for Valorant and it is likely setting the stage for the much bigger release in two weeks time of Episode 3 Act 3.
The update fixes a number of troublesome issues related to poor performance and various agent and map bugs but also contains a number of quality of life features that are sure to please.
Those include more feedback when reporting players, from now on, if action is taken against a player that you have reported you will receive a notification in-game.
You can also now hide your Account Level, as well as customize the Level Border that sits around your name. Players will be able to change the border through the Player Card screen.
It is also a big win for skin collectors, as players can now select the level of skin they use, even after they unlock a higher level, previously only the highest level skin could be used to the chagrin of many.
The patch should roll out tonight and tomorrow morning, depending on your region.
Valorant v3.08 full patch notes
Persistent Report Feedback
- Your reports matter, and we want you to know that! You will now be notified if we took action on one of your reports, whether you are offline or not.
- If your client is up and running, you’ll receive a notification. If you’re offline at the time of action, fret not! You’ll receive your notification upon your return.
- Thanks for making VALORANT a safer place through your reports. Keep them coming!
Level Border Customization
- You will be able to equip any Account Level Border that has been unlocked
- A tab has been added to Playercard selection.
Hide Account Level
- It’s now possible to hide your Account Level when in a match with others who are not your friends
- To enable, uncheck the box located in the Level Border tab.
Equippable Skin Levels
- You should be able to equip any skin level except on variants, which will always default to the max skin level.
- Reduced instances where UI is invalidated
- Basically, lowered the amount of times the UI needed to update itself, thus saving performance costs.
- Optimized Viper’s Poison Cloud 1P HUD
- Optimized Viper’s Pit 1P HUD
- Optimized weapon and ability clipping plane calculations
- You got us, this actually went out with Patch 3.07.
- Coaches now have the ability to swap to players with keybinds
- Keybinds are 1-5 from left to right across the top HUD.
- Coaches will now see a visual Picture-in-Picture (PIP) on the top player HUD to indicate who they are spectating
- Coaches now inherit the setting to see player keybindings on the minimap, similar to Observers
- The valves on Viper's gloves now appear on the correct side of her hands in Left Hand Mode
- Weapon skins should now appear correctly in-game
- You may have occasionally seen some funkiness with Skins over the past few weeks. This was occurring, rarely, when playing on a slower connection due to an extended loading period.
- Attackers at A Lobby in Split could previously hear gunshots from the A Ramps during the buy phase—this was unintended and is now fixed
- Viper’s Ultimate will no longer spawn incorrectly when placed on top of the shipping crates on B site located on Icebox
- You may have noticed if you shot certain walls repeatedly a blinding orb would appear—this was caused by bloom stacking infinitely and should now be fixed
- Observers can now correctly see player outlines through barriers
- Fixed hitch that could occur when Barrier Orb breaks
- Fixed hitches for certain input prompts
- Fixed a bug where using Ping (Z) while defusing caused you to stop defusing
- The giant bug under your bed.
For more on all things Valorant, check out our dedicated section filled with news, tournament results, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Riot Games.