Check out our Back 4 Blood open beta guide for all the technical details about it, but if you are more interested in what the game has to offer, in particular details about the playable characters, then you are in the right place!
In this guide, we will take a closer look at the roster of available characters in Back 4 Blood, including both the Cleaners and the Ridden, and we will see what roles they can fill in with their abilities.
During the open beta period, players will be able to test two PvE campaign maps, where they can play only as human (cleaner) characters, and two PvP swarm mode maps, where they can play either as cleaners or ridden (monsters).
There are eight currently known cleaners and four Ridden, but the final number of both will be bigger when the game launches in October. Only 5 cleaners will be available to play with them during the open beta.
With all that being said, let's check out all the currently available characters.
All Back 4 Blood cleaners
- Spawns additional when kills enemies
- Comes with an extra offence Item Slot
- The whole team has additional Ammo Capacity
- Precision Kills will increase accuracy
- He deals more damage compared to other cleaners
- Boosts the health of all team members
- Heals low health teammates without healing items
- Heals more efficiently
- Provides Team Trauma Resistance
- Has an ability to instantly revive a fallen teammate
- Comes with an extra Support inventory slot
- All teammates start with one extra life
- Rapidly recovers her stamina with kills
- Has the highest Damage Resistance compared to other cleaners
- Boosts Stamina of all team members
- Has an improved Stamina Regeneration
- The team moves faster with him in the squad
- She can sense Hazards
- Has a bonus Quick slot in the inventory
- Provides the team with a Team Use Speed bonus
- Precisions Kills will increase damage
- Has a bonus on ADS Speed
- Provides a bonus on Weakspot Damage for the whole team
All Back 4 Blood Rideen
This Ridden is able to traverse many surfaces, hiding in the shadows. Better watch your six. If they pin you with their phlegm, you’ll need a teammate to assist or the breakout card.
This Ridden creates a deafening screech when aggro’d, and will trigger a horde of Ridden with their scream
These largee Ridden stalk towards their victims while periodically bursting forward to cover ground. When close, Tallboys swing their massive club-like arm in overhead arcs and smash the life from them. Be sure to focus fire on his weak spots. (Aim for the shoulder!)
Large slow-moving Ridden. They explode on death, knocking cleaners back and covering them in sticky pus.
Don't forget to check out our general video games section for industry news, guides, leaks and much more.