Almost two decades have passed since the release of Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance II, and now the Dark Alliance series will finally get its third instalment.
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance I and II were action RPG hack and slash games developed and published by Black Isle Studios, known for their cult classic RPGs such as Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series, Fallout, and more.
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance is considered to be a spiritual successor to the series, despite not having "Baldur's Gate" in its name.
The game is being developed by Tuque Games, a newly established studio with a lot of previous experience in the industry, and they will have a tough audience to which they need to prove themselves - hardcore D&D fans.
Luckily, judging by what we've seen from the trailer, the game looks and feels good, combat is fluid and engaging, and the humour is spot on.
If you can't wait to grab deadly weapons and burst your enemies with powerful magic, you will want to be prepared for the game's release, and here's everything you need to know during the pre-release period.
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance install and download file size
Although not as big as some of the biggest AAA games, you will still need quite a lot of space in order to install the game.
The PC version of the game (Steam) requires you to have at least 50 GB of available space on your drive.
The official requirements for the PS4/PS5 and Xbox versions are not yet revealed, but we reckon the game will be similar in size as the PC version, with probably a slightly bigger next-gen version due to graphical improvements they come with.
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance
PC system requirements
When it comes to the specifications of your PC needed to play the game, you don't need to worry about that, as the game doesn't require the latest GPUs, with their ridiculous prices and non-stop shortages.
Although you will still need a decent computer if you want to play the game in its full glory.
With that being said, check out the minimum and recommended PC requirements below.
Minimum system requirements:
- Processor: AMD FX 8320 / Intel Core i5-6600K @ 3.5GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD Radeon R7 360 / NVIDIA GTX 750 ti
- Storage: 50 GB available space
Recommended system requirements:
- Processor: 3.6GHz AMD Ryzen 5 3600 / Intel Core i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: AMD RX Vega 56 / NVIDIA GTX 1660 ti
- Storage: 50 GB available space
How to pre-load Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance
With the game's size being around 50 GB, you will definitely want to consider preloading if you want to play the game the moment it got released, as no one wants to wait for 50 GB to be downloaded when the game is out.
And of course, it is possible to preload the game before the release, the only requirement is that you have pre-ordered the game.
Here's how to preload Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance.
How to preload Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance on Xbox
- From the Xbox home screen, open "My games and apps"
- Select "Games"
- Find Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance and select it
- Press "A" to open the installation menu
- Select "Manage installation on Internal"
- If the game is available for download you will be able to checkmark "will install"
- Select "Save changes" and you will be able to see your game downloading
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process
How to preload Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Allianceon PS4/PS5
When the preload becomes available, if you preordered Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance, it will appear in your collection of PlayStation games.
- From the PlayStation home screen, open your library.
- Select "Purchased" games.
- Find Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance and select it.
- If the game is available for preload, the "Download" button will be available just below the icon of the game.
- Just push the Download button and that's it, your PlayStation will start downloading Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance.
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process.
How to preload Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance on PC
On Steam, you will be able to download the game just as any other game the moment it becomes available for pre-load, but you will have to wait until the official release in order to play it. If the game is ready for pre-load, the "install" button will appear, just like with any other game you have in your library.
And that's it, now you are ready to enjoy the game on the release date!