As the sequel to Techland's beloved parkour zombie-slaying original, Dying Light 2 Stay Human features a vast open world. With roughly 500 hours of content, if you do absolutely everything, there are bound to be bugs and glitches. We all knew this would happen, and early reviews noted the immense amount of bugs and issues in the game. That's where the Dying Light 2 Day 1 update comes into play.
Here's everything you need to know about Dying Light 2's Day 1 update, including the official patch notes, and the file size.
Dying Light 2 Day 1 update patch notes
The developers have urged gamers not to play Dying Light 2 without the Day 1 update. This is due to a plethora of bugs and glitches getting ironed out, as Techland continues to make improvements to the game.
In a press release, Techland noted that they have added thousands of fixes and improvements on all platforms in the past two weeks.
Players can expect the Day 1 update to include another thousand tweaks on consoles, while the developers continue to improve the PC version in real-time.
Check out the known patch notes for Dying Light 2's Day 1 update below.
- Fixed the Broadcast infinite respawn story block.
- Fix for dialogues that block story progression
Re-signing to the coop session doesn’t fail in case the user is logged in
- Fixed crash when handling electrical parts to Carlos in Bazaar
- Fixed problems with temporarily lowering the difficulty level – improved adaptive difficulty for AIs
- Fixed crash caused by background renderer during the transition between menu and loading screens.
- Increased Wwise overall memory limit – fix for missing sounds and voice-over.
- Resolved problems with objects and AI sinking into the ground on a flat surface.
- DLSS enabled. Improved default DLSS sharpness.
- Fix for AI sometimes freezing/becoming immortal when the owner changes during death
- Fixed the gamepad isn’t detected by the game before any movement or action will be conducted using a keyboard or mouse
- Added protection against potential crashes.
- Updates for ES, CH; DE intro.
- Added missing game actions fixing the game’s unresponsiveness.
- Fixed streamer mode option that(was not working properly).
- Fixed crash on opening the secondary screen.
- Fixed disconnecting coop sessions after a certain amount of time.
There are, of course, many more fixes in Dying Light 2's Day 1 update. Techland, however, did not share the complete patch notes with every fix.
Dying Light 2 Day One update file/download size
Update: We can now confirm that the download size for Dying Light 2's Day 1 update is less than 1 GB extra after pre-loading the game.
We know the Dying Light 2 pre-load file size is 21 GB on PS5, 35 GB on Xbox Series X, and 60 GB on PC. Keep in mind that if you download the game after 4th February, the Day 1 update will be included in the download size.
Don't forget to check out our general video games section for guides, news, tips and tricks surrounding Dying Light 2.
Featured image courtesy of Techland.