Dying Light 2 Stay Human release is imminent and fans of the parkour horror shooter can't wait to finally jump into the game and start exploring The City.
The sequel to 2015's Dying Light has the potential to become one of the best games of 2022, and fans are cautiously having huge expectations from it.
Dying Light 2 builds upon the beloved mechanics from the original game, such as the signature parkour moves, day and night cycle, and exploration. On top of that, it will also add much more depth and narrative layers with several factions and a huge open world with its own secrets and distinct areas to uncover.
Developers promise an absolute behemoth of a game in terms of scale and time needed to experience everything it has to offer. Apparently, if you want to finish all side missions, learn all the different endings, go through all dialogue options and explore every corner of The City, you will need to put in over 500 hours of playtime.
There's definitely a lot to be done in this game, and that's why it is best to be ready before the launch. In order to start playing Dying Light 2 immediately when it launches, you will need to pre-load the game, and here's everything you need to know about that.
When can you pre-load Dying Light 2?
Pre-load dates and times have been officially revealed by Techland, Dying Light 2's developers.
On Xbox consoles, Dying Light 2 is available for pre-load right now, which means that you can already pre-load the game.
On PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5, the game will be available for pre-load starting 2nd February 2022, at midnight.
On PC (Steam and the Epic Games Store), the game will be available for pre-load starting from 2nd February 2022, at midnight.
Dying Light 2 download file size
Installation file sizes for Dying Light 2 have been revealed for all platforms, which you can see below:
- PlayStation 5 - 21 GB
- Xbox Series X - 35 GB
- PC - 60 GB
- PS4 - N/A
- Xbox One - N/A
How to pre-load on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One?
The first thing you need to do is to have Dying Light 2 pre-ordered, otherwise, you will not have an option to pre-load the game.
If you have the game pre-purchased, follow these steps:
- From the Xbox home screen, open "My games and apps"
- Select "Games"
- Find Dying Light 2 and select it
- Press "A" to open the installation menu
- Select "Manage installation on Internal"
- If Dying Light 2 is available for download you will be able to checkmark "will install"
- Select "Save changes" and you will be able to see your game downloading
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process
How to preload on PS4/PS5
When the preload becomes available, if you preordered the game, it will appear in your collection of PlayStation games.
- From the PlayStation home screen, open your library.
- Select "Purchased" games.
- Find Dying Light 2 and select it.
- If the game is available for preload, the "Download" button will be available just below the icon of the game.
- Just push the Download button and that's it, your PlayStation will start downloading Dying Light 2.
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process.
For PC, both on the Epic Games Store and Steam the "pre-load" button on the game's page in your library will become available 48 hours before the launch of the game. Just click on it, and your client will start downloading the game.
And that's all you need to know about Dying Light 2 pre-loading.
Don't forget to check out our general video games section for industry news, guides, leaks and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Techland.