It's been a hectic few weeks for Epic Games, with multiple unexpected announcements. From collaborating with CD Projekt Red for the next Witcher game to partnering with Square Enix, (who is now making the next Tomb Raider game), Epic Games has a lot up their sleeve. If that wasn't enough, the game developers have now announced they're teaming up with the Lego Group.
This surprising piece of new info comes straight from Epic Games' official website, which delves deep into the exciting new partnership. Lego, fresh off the success of Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga, is now entering into a "long-term partnership" with Epic Games that would "shape the future of the metaverse to make it safe and fun for children and families.
Epic Games and Lego metaverse for kids
As it turns out, the metaverse for kids is about building a digital experience that would give kids a platform and the necessary tools to create games in a safe and positive environment.
- Is Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga cross platform?
- How to complete the Defenses Down raid challenge in Destiny 2
- Red Dead Online April patch notes - Content, free items, sales, more
- Dead by Daylight public test build 5.7.0 - Changes, fixes, more
The blog post doesn't reveal what this supposed metaverse would look like, though fans can expect something of a mix between Fortnite's creative modes and the Lego titles. Epic and Lego did, however, reveal the three core principles this metaverse is being built upon.
- Protect children’s right to play by making safety and wellbeing a priority
- Safeguard children’s privacy by putting their best interests first
- Empower children and adults with tools that give them control over their digital experience
Epic Games' CEO and Founder, Tim Sweeney had a lot to say on this matter. According to Sweeney, "The LEGO Group has captivated the imagination of children and adults through creative play for nearly a century, and we are excited to come together to build a space in the metaverse that’s fun, entertaining, and made for kids and families."
There's still much to be learned about the upcoming Epic Games and Lego Metaverse collab, but what we know so far certainly looks to be exciting. We'll be sure to monitor the situation closely and update you with any further information that breaches the surface, so stay tuned with GINX for all your news update needs.
Featured image courtesy of Epic Games.