Nevertheless, as it usually goes nowadays with online games, since the launch numerous players have been complaining about Forza Horizon 5 server connection issues, which prevent them from accessing online play.
According to these reports, they are either completely unable to connect to the server or they can not maintain a stable connection and are constantly being disconnected from the Forza Horizon 5 servers, with a message popping up saying "server disconnection play solo", despite having a fast and stable internet connection.
If you are having those problems as well, here are a few possible solutions that might fix your Forza Horizon 5 connection issues.
How to fix Forza Horizon 5 disconnected from server issue
Connection issues in Forza Horizon 5 which prevent you from playing online are usually related to something which blocks your PC to connect to the game's servers.
First things first, make sure that your internet is working properly and if other online games are able to connect to their servers and establish a stable connection.
If that's working as it should, then you should try these steps:
- Restart your PC and disconnect the power to your modem and/or router for 60 seconds.
- Reconnect the power and wait for the internet connection to be restored before powering your PC back on and attempting to access the game.
- Try switching from a wireless connection to a wired one (if possible).
If this does not help with your Forza Horizon 5 connection issues, including high latency and lag, you can also completely reset and refresh your PC's connection to the internet.
From the Start menu, begin typing ‘cmd’.
In the results that populate, right-click the Command Prompt result and select Run as administrator.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press Enter. Wait a few seconds and when the command prompt appears, proceed to the next step.
- Type ipconfig /registerdns and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
- Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
- Restart your computer.
In addition, you will need to be sure that some background apps aren't preventing you from connecting to the Forza Horizon 5 servers.
The developers, studio Playground, has stressed out that some anti-virus software will prevent Forza Horizon 5 from functioning properly, and that includes connection to the servers.
They advise you to turn off these antivirus apps while playing Forza Horizon 5.
- Trend Micro Maximum Security
- Comodo Antivirus
- Emisoft Anti-Malware
- Bitdefender Firewall
Finally, check out if your Windows Defender Firewall has allowed Forza Horizon 5 to go online, otherwise, it will block the game from connecting to the internet.
Follow these steps below:
- Select the Start/Windows button > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security and then Firewall & network protection.
- Select Allow an app through the firewall.
- Look for and select ‘forzahorizon5.exe’ in the list of installed apps.
- Select OK.
If you have gone through all of these solutions and you are still having Forza Horizon 5 connection issues, then we advise you to visit the official Forza Horizon 5 support page which offers several other solutions for a possible fix.
Don’t forget to check out our dedicated Video Games section for the latest news, updates, esports coverage, leaks and more.
Featured image courtesy of Playground Games / Xbox Game Studios.