Although longtime fans of the franchise will be keen to know about the add-ons and features which can alter and enhance their gameplay experience. One of the more famous Sonic features is Mirror mode, a screen-flipping effect that shakes up the action as you progress through the levels. If you're an advanced player or are simply looking to enhance your experience, here's a guide on how to unlock Mirror mode in Sonic Origins.
How to unlock Mirror mode in Sonic Origins
Mirror mode is one of the special features in Sonic Origins that can change up the gameplay and keep things fresh and exciting. That's because, in Mirror mode, the gameplay is flipped. Instead of players working through levels from left to right on their screen, they will go from right to left (mirrored).
- TMNT Shredder's Revenge Collectibles - All VHS Tapes, Bugs, Shard Locations
- Sonic Origins Coins - How To Get More And Uses
- Sonic Origins PC Specs And File Size - 60fps Requirements
- Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion - Release date, platforms, story
Unlocking Mirror mode is rather anti-climactic though, at the time of writing, there is no knowledge of an in-game achievement or secret location. Rather, Mirror mode will unlock via one of the DLCs for Sonic Origins, essentially a pay-to-play feature. Here's a breakdown of which DLC to buy to unlock Mirror mode, as well as the entire DLC contents.
Start Dash Pack
- 100 Bonus Coins
- Mirror Mode unlocked
- Letterbox Background (Mega Drive design)
Premium Fun Pack
- Hard Missions (11 in total)
- Letterbox Backgrounds (10 designs)
- Character animations on the Main Menu
- Camera controls over the Main Menu islands
- Character animations during Music islands
Classic Music Pack
- Additional music tracks from Mega Drive / Genesis titles (73 tracks from Sonic Spinball, Chaotix, and Sonic 3D Blast)
So there you have it, everything you need to know for how to unlock Mirror mode in Sonic Origins.
For more on the game, head to our section dedicated to the latest Video Game guides, news, tips, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of SEGA.