Lost Ark's upcoming July Update is arriving this month, introducing players to a new Advanced Class for Mages, Arcanist. The Arcanist has been available in the Korean version for a few months, and now, Western players can get their hands on this Mage Advanced Class.
The Arcanist possess arcane abilities allowing them to utilize spells for short to long-range attacks and cards which trigger these spells. We'll detail all the confirmed Card Deck cards, Engravings, and Skills for the Arcanist Advanced Class in Lost Ark.
All Lost Ark Arcanist Card Deck cards
The Arcanist has a Specialty skill called Card Deck, which allows them to charge up a meter when landing an attack on enemies. Once the meter is full, a random card is drawn from the deck, and each card has unique effects that can inflict massive damage.
Players can equip two cards at a time to the deck and can be triggered using either the Z or X key. Below, we've outlined the complete list of Card Deck cards available to the Arcanist:
Shuffle through some great insight into what the Arcanist class is all about! Learn how to play the class, deal with enemies, and draw out a build!— Lost Ark âœˆ️🔜 Twitch Con Amsterdam (@playlostark) July 12, 2022
- Three-Headed Snake Card: Basic Attack changes into three directions for 16 seconds. Once hit, earn one stack. Damage to enemies is 100%, and damage to Challenge or weaker monsters is 400%.
- Mayhem Card: For 30 seconds, ATK Speed increases by 3% for four seconds every time Class Skills kills are used, up to 15%.
- Twisted Fate Card: For four seconds, your skill damage either remains the same or increases by 40%.
- Corrosion Card: For 30 seconds, gain a 30% chance of gaining a +10% damage boost to enemies for five seconds.
- Ghost Card: Ignores collision with enemies as Move Speed increased by 20% and damage from enemies decreased by 50% for three hits for 16 seconds.
- Cull Card: For four seconds, Crit Rate for all skill attacks is 100%, and Crit Damage is 50% when they hit an enemy.
- Balance Card: For 30 seconds, your Stacking skills are enhanced, granting you an additional stack for every hit.
- Judgment Card: Ruin skills will activate the four stack effect for four seconds, regardless of the number of stacks cast upon enemies.
- Moon Card: Cooldown decreases by 10%, and MP Recovery Speed increases by 20% for 30 seconds.
- Star Card: Recovers 100% MP while your remaining skills Cooldown is decreased by 15% except for Awakening, Movement, and Stand Up skills.
- Wheel of Fortune Card: The Cooldown of the following skill decreases by 100%.
- Royal Card: Fills empty card slots where you can gain a maximum of two cards.
- Emperor Card: Depending on your Engravings, you can deal damage to enemies within a 14-meter radius.
All Lost Ark Arcanist Engravings
Similar to other Advanced Classes available in Lost Ark, the Arcanist's Engravings are divided into two categories that enhance various aspects of the character, including attack damage, stacking, and unique buffs. The Order of the Emperor affects the Card Deck by bolstering its Normal Skills, which helps build an additional Deck Meter and grants you the Emperor card to add to your deck, dealing damage.
- Lost Ark Weekly Reset and Update Time Changes
- Lost Ark Wrath of the Covetous Legion patch notes
- Lost Ark Vykas Challenge - How to Join and Rewards
- Lost Ark Penguin Skins - How to Get For Free
The Empress's Grace, on the other hand, has stacking effects that increase damage output once you've used a Ruin ability after gaining four stacks. This also allows you to gain an MP recovery boost after a Ruin ability is used and activate a barrage of attacks afterward.
Order of the Emperor:
- Level 1: The Normal Skills Deck Meter gains an increase of 50%, increased damage of 10%, and an Emperor Card are added to the deck dealing significant damage to the surrounding area when used.
- Level 2: The Normal Skills Deck Meter gains an increase of 50%, increased damage of 20%, and an Emperor Card are added to the deck dealing significant damage to the surrounding area when used.
- Level 3: The Normal Skills Deck Meter gains an increase of 50%, increased damage of 30%, and an Emperor Card are added to the deck dealing significant damage to the surrounding area when used.
- Level 1: the four-stack Ruin Damage increases by 20% when a Ruin ability hits; you'll recover 30% of consumed MP.
- Level 2: the four-stack Ruin Damage increases by 25% when a Ruin ability hits; you'll recover 30% of consumed MP.
- Level 3: the four-stack Ruin Damage increases by 30% when a Ruin ability hits; you'll recover 30% of consumed MP.
All Lost Ark Arcanist Skills
The Arcanist has four types of skills unique to their character, which can be further customized using the Tripod function. While the Normal Skills are the class' basic attacks depending on the direction of attack, its Stacking and Ruin Skills are unique to the Arcanist Advanced Class.
- Call of Destiny: Throws a card at the intended target to deal damage, then following a brief cooldown period, it launches enemies into the air to deal further damage.
- Unlimited Shuffle: Throws a stack of cards at the intended target, which attacks enemies six times. These cards then deal more damage by launching them into the air and when slammed into the ground.
- Return: Throw a card toward the target location to inflict damage and performs a counterattack. Use the skill again to deal more damage by slamming enemies onto the ground.
- Mysterious Stampede: Quickly move to your left to deal damage, and then return to the original spot to deal more damage.
- Dark Resurrection: Throws cards at the intended target to summon a demon that attacks enemies, dealing [Dark] damage, and inflicts a Fear status effect upon them.
- Evoke: Cast an arcane circle that lasts for 10 seconds at the targeted area, which, when used once again, can damage enemies.
- Quadra Accelerate: Throw cards towards enemies four times, each dealing damage.
- Scratch Dealer: Move toward the enemies to deal damage and use the skill once more to strike downward for additional damage.
- Spiral Edge: Leap seven meters toward the target throwing a card dealing damage.
- Dancing of Spineflower: Launch a barrage of cards while moving 11 meters towards enemies over three seconds, dealing damage at least six times, then additional damage with the last card. Use the skill again to return to your starting position.
- Checkmate: Quickly throw cards toward the target location for damage dealt with every hit.
- Stream of Edge: Open two portal gates at the targeted location for five seconds, attacking all enemies between the gates for damage over 15 hits.
- Infinity Shower: Launch cards at targets for damage dealt, and when using a combo mid-air, you can attack them with more cards for additional damage.
- Celestial Rain: Rain down cards at the target for damage where airborne enemies are dealt damage thrown into the ground. Deal Stagger Damage when the skill's Stack effect is activated.
- Four of a Kind: Quickly launch a card at enemies to deal damage and Inflict Stagger Damage when the skill's Stack effect is activated.
- Serendipity: Fan out the card towards the enemy when attacking, then fan the card again to deal more damage and knock them back. Strike Stagger Damage when the skill's Stack effect is activated.
- Secret Garden: Instantly damage nearby enemies, which increases based on the number of stacks as enemies with four stacks are thrown into the ground. Strike Stagger Damage when the skill's Stack effect is activated.
- Prismatic Mirror: Summon a stack of enormous cards at the intended target to deal damage, then launch smaller cards for additional damage over an extended period. The large cards draw together and explode, dealing AoE damage and launching enemies upwards, which grants you two Specialty Cards upon explosion.
- Deathbound: Summons the Card of Death which deals damage and knocks back enemies. This damage output increases based on the number of stacks.
Smilegate revealed that two new limited-time events would arrive in the July Update, which will benefit Mages looking to add an Arcanist to their builds. Details on these events have yet to be announced; the Arcanist Advanced Class will arrive to Lost Ark in the July Update on 20th July 2022.
For all the exciting action, check out our section dedicated to Lost Ark news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Smilegate / Amazon Games.