Marauders is a new tactical FPS looter shooter developed by Small Impact Games and published by Team 17. The game, set in a dystopian sci-fi universe, sees players assume the role of space pirates, working solo or in a team to navigate and survive a hostile battleground.
In April 2022, Marauders entered closed alpha testing, which was a massive success. Now, the developers are holding an exclusive closed beta phase ahead of the Battle for the Void LAN event at TwitchCon Europe. Here's everything you need to know about the Marauders closed PC beta test, including how to join, when the beta starts, new gameplay features, and more.
Marauders Closed Beta - Start Date And How To Join
Team 17 and Small Impact Games will host the Marauders closed PC beta test from 20th to 25th July 2022. Gamers looking to join the exclusive closed beta launch can do so by pre-ordering the game on Steam. In addition to this exclusive access, gamers will receive 10% off their purchase; it's a win-win.
- Clanfolk - Release Date, Platforms, Features, Gameplay, And More
- The Lord of the Rings Gollum - Release Date, Platforms, Gameplay, PC Specs
- XEL Release Date, Platforms, Features, Gameplay, And More
- Best JRPGs On Steam - Top Anime Games To Play In 2022
But that's not all. All pre-order purchases will come with the Space Pirate cosmetic pack, available once Marauders launches on Steam Early Access and Game Preview via PC Game Pass later this year.
Marauders Closed Beta - All Gameplay Features
The closed beta of Marauders will deliver everything you might expect from a tactical looter shooter and more.
New Raid Locations
There are two new raid locations, namely: Terraformer and Merchant Ship. The first location is a newly abandoned agricultural hub built on top of an asteroid shard; the second is an expansive, breach-able frigate perfect for intimate and long-range firefights.
In addition, the Marauders closed PC beta will introduce two new weapons: the Heavy Thompson and the Klobb Machine Pistol. There's also a new hand-held heavy explosive device called the Scrap Bomb.
Beyond this, the Marauders closed PC beta comprises an array of enhancements, including a new Quick Loot option, foldable bags for economic inventory management, new cosmetic choices, and audio effects. In addition, Team 17 notes several other surprises that players can uncover for themselves in the game.
For those unfamiliar with Marauders' gameplay: Players can form squads of four players or run solo while navigating the dieselpunk battleground of deep space. Each match hosts up to 16 players, in which players can breach hostile spaceships; salvage valuable cargo, including an arsenal of iconic weapons from the last century; and battle with other players and AI opponents in tense PvPvE combat.
Marauders Key Features
- Immersive sci-fi setting: Discover a gritty dieselpunk world where Earth is on the brink of collapse and survival relies on looting and shooting among the stars.
- Raid, loot, escape: Plunder deep-space battlegrounds and embark on daring raids for troves of valuable loot, then get out alive to claim your spoils and turn a healthy profit.
- Tense first-person combat: Work alone or with up to three other players to survive intense combat encounters with realistic bullet simulation against enemy teams and AI opponents.
- Persistent gear and XP: Keep your best gear match-to-match and tweak your favorite weapons with mods while using XP to unlock new items and increase your chances of survival.
- Upgradeable spaceships and explosive sci-fi dogfights: Upgrade your ship's armaments; build a brand-new craft with scavenged resources; or take someone else's by force.
And that's all. Marauders will enter closed beta for PC on Steam between 20th and 25th July 2022. The game will be released on Steam Early Access and Game Preview later in 2022.
For more epic content, check out our section dedicated to the latest video game news, guides, tips, and more.
Team 17 and Small Impact Games supplied all featured images.