Mass Effect Legendary Edition, the remaster of a legendary SF RPG trilogy, is just around the corner, and we are unbelievably thrilled to finally start playing the game.
With the new generation of consoles, we think that it is a perfect time for this remaster, as both new and old fans will have a chance to experience this epic saga, now with enhanced graphics, better combat, technical improvements, and more.
There's a lot to be excited about and if you can't wait for the game to finally become available for playing, you might want to preload the game, as in that way it will be available to you the very moment it is released.
Here's everything you need to know before the game's release, including the download size, how to pre-load, and what is the exact time of the release.
What time does Mass Effect Legendary Edition come out?
Mass Effect Legendary Edition PS4 and PS5 release time: 12 am BST / 1 am CET on 14th May.
Mass Effect Legendary Edition Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One release time is 1 AM BST / 2 AM CET on 14th May.
The time is not yet confirmed for the PC version (Steam/Origin), but we expect it to be around the same time.
Resident Mass Effect Legendary Edition download file size
- PS4 - ~ 80 GB (US) ~ 101 GB (EU)
- Xbox - 80.11 GB
- PS5 - ~ 80 GB (US) ~ 101 GB (EU)
- PC - 120 GB
How to pre-load Mass Effect Legendary Edition
As you can see, the trilogy is quite hefty, there will be a lot of gigabytes to download, so you might want to preload the game in order to play it immediately once the game releases.
No matter if you play on PlayStation, Xbox, or PC, there will be an option for preloading the game, which will allow you to have the game ready on time when it becomes available.
Here's what you will need to do. Of course, keep in mind that in order to pre-load the game, you will first need to preorder it.
How to preload Mass Effect Legendary Edition on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One?
- From the Xbox home screen, open "My games and apps"
- Select "Games"
- Find Mass Effect Legendary Edition and select it
- Press "A" to open the installation menu
- Select "Manage installation on Internal"
- If the game is available for download you will be able to checkmark "will install"
- Select "Save changes" and you will be able to see your game downloading
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process
How to preload Mass Effect Legendary Edition on PS4/PS5
When the preload becomes available, if you preordered the game, it will appear in your collection of PlayStation games.
- From the PlayStation home screen, open your library.
- Select "Purchased" games.
- Find Mass Effect Legendary Edition and select it.
- If the game is available for preload, the "Download" button will be available just below the icon of the game.
- Just push the Download button and that's it, your PlayStation will start downloading Mass Effect Legendary Edition.
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process.
How to preload Mass Effect Legendary Edition on PC
On Steam, you will be able to download the game just as any other game the moment it becomes available for pre-load, but you will have to wait until the official release in order to play it.
And that's it, now you are ready to enjoy the game on the release date! If you are a PC player, you should also check Mass Effect: Legendary Edition system requirements revealed.