In a blog post, Microsoft announced that the games would benefit from several next-gen enhancements, like Auto HDR, faster loading times and visual improvements, in addition to enabling FPS Boost for nearly a dozen game titles. Indeed, Xbox users have been requesting this for a long time now, and finally, their cries have been heard.
So without any further ado, here is the full list of new Xbox backwards compatible games for Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S.
Complete list of new Xbox backward compatible games
We've listed all of the new games below and highlighted in bold the top requested fan-favourite game titles.
- 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
- Aces of the Galaxy
- Advent Rising
- Adventure Time: The Secret of the
- Nameless Kingdom
- Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?
- Make the Grade
- Avatar: The Last Airbender - The Burning
- Bankshot Billiards 2
- Beautiful Katamari
- Binary Domain *
- Black College Football Xperience: Doug
- Williams Ed
- Cloning Clyde
- Dead or Alive Ultimate
- Dead or Alive 3
- Dead or Alive 4
- Death by Cube
- Disney Universe
- Disney's Chicken Little
- Elements of Destruction
- FEAR *
- FEAR 2: Project Origin
- FEAR 3 *
- FEAR Files
- The First Templar
- Islands of Wakfu
- Lego The Lord of the Rings
- Max Payne
- Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
- Max Payne 3
- Mini Ninjas
- Mortal Kombat
- Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe
- MX vs ATV Alive
- MX vs ATV Untamed
- NIER *
- Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee
- Onechanbara: Bikini Samurai Squad
- Otogi: Myth of Demons
- Otogi 2: Immortal Warriors
- The Outfit
- Outpost Kaloki X
- Quake Arena Arcade
- RAW - Realms of Ancient War
- Red Dead Revolver
- Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
- Ridge Racer 6
- Risen 2: Dark Waters
- Rock of Ages
- Sacred 2: Fallen Angel
- Secret Weapons Over Normandy
- Skate 2
- SpongeBob SquarePants Underpants
- SpongeBob's Truth or Square
- Star Wars Starfighter: Special Edition
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars
- Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Thrillville: Off the Rails
- Time Pilot
- TimeSplitters 2
- TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
- Toy Story Mania!
- Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment
- Viva Piñata: Party Animals
* Game titles that will receive FPS Boost
Microsoft said that these games would be available immediately to Xbox users who currently own these games on disc or digitally. Otherwise, players can purchase the games in the Microsoft Store.
Xbox backward compatible games to receive improvements
Microsoft also revealed that they had introduced various enhancements to many of these classic titles to put the cherry on top. "With Xbox Series X|S, we introduced innovations and improvements such as FPS Boost, Auto HDR, and faster loading times, which breathed new life into classic titles," they said.
- All backward compatible titles will experience improved visual quality with Auto HDR on supported displays.
- Original Xbox games will experience improved resolution (4x, 3x, 2x) on all Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S consoles with supported displays.
- Several titles will have FPS Boost enabled, doubling frame rates to up to 60 FPS. In addition, at least 26 titles in the existing catalogue will also benefit from FPS Boost.
Microsoft says that FPS Boost and Auto HDR can be toggled on or off under any title's "Manage Game" section. "You decide how you want to experience your favourite games, whether in their original form or enhanced with Auto HDR and FPS Boost enabled," Microsoft said.
And that's it, well... for now at least. Microsoft concluded that it was only through the passion and feedback from the community that they were able to accomplish this and thanked gamers for being part of this incredible journey.
- Read more: Forza Horizon 5: The best cars in each class
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Video Games section for the latest news, updates, esports coverage, guides, leaks and more.
Featured image courtesy of Xbox Game Studios.