Monster Harvest is a game heavily inspired by the now iconic farming simulation, Stardew Valley, but it adds its own elements to the mix, which makes it a unique experience.
Developed by Maple Powered Games, Monster Harvest adds an interesting twist to the popular farming genre and judging by the few gameplay trailers we had an opportunity to see, it looks very promising!
Here's everything you need to know about the game.
Monster Harvest gameplay and features
Unlike Stardew Valley, which focuses primarily on farming management and interaction with the local NPCs, Monster Harvest injects combat and RPG mechanics into the formula.
Think Pokémon but instead of catching your monsters, you will grow them on your farm, watch them develop and then harvest your ripe monsters, ready for battle.
Speaking of monsters, in this game, they are called Planimals. Essentially, they are mutated plants turned monsters, and they will be very loyal to you.
Your plants will mutate into Planimals when treated with mysterious slimes, which you will find during your journey through Planimal Point.
There are several different versions of slimes, and depending on the season and types of plants, there will be up to 72 different mutations in the game.
When you harvest your Planimals, you can further upgrade them and lead them to battle. The battle is turn-based and you will explore various dungeons while unravelling the mystery behind the evil SlimeCo.
Here are some of the main features, as described by the developers:
- Farm with mutants! Use magical slimes to mutate the crops you grow on your farm.
- Collectible Planimal companions! Some slimes mutate your crops into Planimals!
- Take your loyal companions into battle as you look to save Planimal Point from the Evil SlimeCo.
- Three unique seasons: Dry, Wet, and Dark - Strange weather and seasons shift what the player can grow.
- Venture into the town of Planimal Point - Discover the people and creatures that live there, build relationships to gain discounts in stores.
- Craft dozens of items for your farm and your house.
Monster Harvest PC system requirements
Although beautiful, Monster Harvest is a 2D retro pixel art game, and even a PC from the 90s will be able to run this game.
Minimum and recommended requirements:
- Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
- OS: Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 only
- Processor: 1.2GHz processor
- Graphics: Dedicated graphics card with 128 MB memory
Monster Harvest platforms and release date
Monster Harvest is slated for release on 30th August and it's coming to PC, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4.
Don't forget to check out our general video games section for industry news, guides, and much more.