With players getting a first look at MultiVersus in November, developers Player First Games have been hard at work to ensure this closed alpha is as smooth as it can get for those interested in trying it out.
The big selling point of MultiVersus, on top of being a free-to-play cross-platform fighting game, is that it will feature some of Warner Bros. most iconic and legendary characters, as well as more fresh faces that have garnered popularity in recent years.
From DC Comics to Game of Thrones, old-school cartoons like Scooby-Doo or Tom & Jerry, and more contemporary shows like Adventure Time, it's a crossover that promises to rival Smash Bros.
- Smash Summit 13 - Schedule, format, players, prize pool, and more
- Ninja admits Nintendo halted plans to add $500k pot to Smash at Evo
- Smash Bros to miss Evo due to Nintendo interference
- Batman Unburied - Release date, new episodes, cast, where to listen
Are you interested in trying the closed alpha of MultiVersus? Say no more, we got you covered with all the info you need to know, including start date, which platforms are eligible, and where to register.
MultiVersus Closed Alpha - How to register
To register, follow the instructions down below.
- Head over to the MultiVersus.com site and click on the "Closed Alpha Sign Up" button.
- This will open a new window asking you to either create a WB Games account or sign in.
- Once you create your account or log in, you'll be automatically signed up for the MultiVersus closed alpha.
You'll be notified if you have access to the closed alpha as early as 17th May. Don't worry if you don't receive an email, more codes will be distributed during the closed alpha period.
If you already had access to previous testing periods on PC, you won't have to opt-in as you'll be granted access to this closed alpha. That is unless you want to switch the platform you're playing on.
MultiVersus Closed Alpha - Schedule
The MultiVersus closed alpha will start on 19th May at 9:00 am PDT (6:00 pm GMT). It will end eight days later, on the 27th at 5:00 pm PDT (2:00 am GMT).
The closed alpha will be available in the Americas, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand.
MultiVersus Closed Alpha - Content
These are all the characters, stages, and modes available during the alpha period.
- Characters: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and Harley Quinn (DC); Shaggy (Scooby-Doo); Bugs Bunny (Looney Tunes); Arya Stark (Game of Thrones); Jake the Dog and Finn the Human (Adventure Time); Steven Universe and Garnet (Steven Universe); Tom & Jerry, and Reindog (original character). Please note, Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Arya Stark, Steven Universe, and Garnet will be initially unavailable, but can all be unlocked over time through gameplay. All other characters will be immediately available when the Closed Alpha begins.
- Maps: The Batcave (DC), Tree Fort (Adventure Time), Scooby’s Haunted Mansion (Scooby-Doo), Trophy's E.D.G.E., Trophy’s E.D.G.E. 2, Classic 3 Platform, and Training Room.
- Modes: 2 vs. 2 team-based cooperative mode, 1 vs. 1 matches, 4-player free-for-all, and The Lab (practice mode).
MultiVersus Closed Alpha - Platforms
Unlike previous testing periods, console players will get a chance to try out the MultiVersus closed alpha period. These are all the platforms that can participate.
- PlayStation 4
- PlayStation 5
- Xbox One
- Xbox Series S/X
- PC (Steam)
It's worth reminding you that the closed alpha will feature crossplay.
MultiVersus closed alpha - PC requirements
For those looking to sign up for the PC alpha of MultiVersus, these are the system requirements:
- Settings: 60 FPS, Low Settings, 720p
- CPU: Intel Core i5-2300 or AMD FX-8350 | Intel Core i7-11700K or AMD Ryzen 5 2200G
- GPU: GeForce GTX 550 Ti or Radeon HD 5850 | Intel UHD 750 or Radeon Vega 8
- RAM: 4 GB
- Settings: 60 FPS, High Settings, 1080p
- CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 or AMD Ryzen 5 1200
- GPU: GeForce GTX 660 or Radeon R9 270
- RAM: 8 GB
Disk space: 6GB.
For more on all things MultiVersus ahead of its release, including guides, tier lists, tournament news, and more, stick to our dedicated Fighting Games section.
Featured image courtesy of WB Games.