In the game, players will be able to build fortresses, lead armies to battle, siege enemy cities and, ultimately, establish their empire. If you're a fan of Total War: Warhammer or Age of Empires, then you'll certainly love this game. Here's everything you need to know about Myth of Empire, including the game's release date, features, system requirements and more.
When does Myth of Empire release?
Myth of Empire is currently available on Early Access via the Steam Store exclusively for Microsoft Windows PC. The game retails at £21.41 or $26.99 (10% off until 1st December).
If you haven't seen the game's early launch trailer, then you can check it out in the embedded player below.
According to a disclosure on the game's Steam Store page, the developers expect to move the game out of Early Acess after twelve months, noting, "though we cannot rule out delays down the line in order to ensure a higher-quality and more finished game."
All Myth of Empire Early Access Features
At present, the Early Access version of Myth of Empire is cited to "provide a relatively complete gameplay experience, including survival, construction, empire building, detailed combat systems, an immersive world complete with animals and plants, siege engines, and NPCs to command."
Explore the Eastern Continent
Players who purchase the Early Access version of Myth of Empires can explore 64 kilometres of the Eastern Continent, a simulated world rich with natural wonders, including mountains, valleys, forests.
Create everything from scratch
The sandbox game will also give players total freedom to "bring their creativity and imagination into full play" by allowing players to craft their own armours, farm food, tame and ride horses, and even summon followers to assist them in battle.
Battle in hand-to-hand combat
Naturally, players can also charge into battle, using more than one hundred different weapons, including a "variety of ingenious siege weapons" to use against cities that refuse to surrender.
You can read more bout these features and more on the Steam Store page.
The developers further noted that the full version will be "deeper and more polished," with added benefits, such as:
- More game content and an overall more enjoyable experience.
- More varied and balanced gameplay modes and mechanics, with more immersive content.
- A deep and comprehensive guide for newer players, as well as a smooth and refined online experience.
- Better art, special effects, and animations.
- More detailed content tailored to the requests and feedback of players.
What is the Myth of Empire PC system requirements?
If you're wondering what system you need to play Myth of Empire on PC, don't worry. We've indicated the recommended PC system requirements below.
Minimum PC system requirements
- OS: 64-bit Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6600K / AMD Ryzen 5 1600
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB / AMD Radeon RX 580 4GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Storage: 60 GB available space
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible sound card with the latest drivers
And that's it! If Myth of Empire sounds like the type of game that you'd enjoy, then hurry and snag it at a discounted price via the Steam Store while you still can. The offer expires on 1st December.
- Read more: Would you shoot someone for a PlayStation 5?
Don't forget to check out our dedicated games section for news, guides, and more.
All images courtesy of Angela Game.