After several demo versions during the past few months, Resident Evil Village will finally be released on 7th May 2021.
If you are as excited as we are about meeting with lady Alcina Dimitrescu and all other creepy residents of the titular village then you probably want to start playing the game as soon as possible.
If you want to play the game exactly at the time of its release, you don't need to wait for the game to be released and then start downloading, you can do that before the release!
Here's everything you need to know before the game release, including the download size, how to pre-load, and what is the exact time of the release.
What time does Resident Evil Village come out?
Resident Evil Village PS4 and PS5 release time: 12 am BST / 1 am CET on May 7th.
For Xbox Series X/S and Xbox One, the release time is 1 AM BST / 2 AM CET on May 7th.
The time is not yet confirmed for the PC version (Steam), but we expect it to be around the same time.
Resident Evil Village download file size
- PS4 - 29.4 GB
- Xbox - 27.11 GB
- PS5 - 27.4 GB
- PC - Not yet confirmed
How to pre-load Resident Evil Village
If you are impatient and you want to have your game ready for playing at the same moment it got released, you will want to pre-load it.
You will be able to preload Resident Evil Village starting May 5th on all platforms.
Of course, in order to pre-load the game, you will first need to preorder it.
How to preload Resident Evil Village on Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One?
- From the Xbox home screen, open "My games and apps"
- Select "Games"
- Find Resident Evil Village and select it
- Press "A" to open the installation menu
- Select "Manage installation on Internal"
- If the game is available for download you will be able to checkmark "will install"
- Select "Save changes" and you will be able to see your game downloading
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process
How to preload Resident Evil Village on PS4/PS5
When the preload becomes available, if you preordered the game, it will appear in your collection of PlayStation games.
- From the PlayStation home screen, open your library.
- Select "Purchased" games.
- Find Resident Evil Village and select it.
- If the game is available for preload, the "Download" button will be available just below the icon of the game.
- Just push the Download button and that's it, your PlayStation will start downloading Resident Evil Village.
- Make sure that the console is on or in standby mode while the game is being downloaded or you will interrupt the process.
How to preload on PC
On Steam, you will be able to download the game just as any other game the moment it becomes available for pre-load, but you will have to wait until the official release in order to play it.
And that's it, now you are ready to enjoy the game on the release date! If you are a PC player, you should also check Resident Evil Village PC system requirements.