Slime Rancher 2 has quickly become a fan favorite, thanks to its abundance of cute Slimes. You will play as a Rancher collecting various Slimes and their Plorts. Of course, every Rancher needs to know what kinds of Slimes exist on Rainbow Island, but more importantly, where you can find them in Slime Rancher 2.
Where To Find All Slimes In Slime Rancher 2
Like its predecessor, Slime Rancher 2 features three main types of Slimes: Docile, Harmful, and Special (along with many more subtypes). We've provided a list of all Slimes you'll likely encounter in the game and their locations below.
- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre Game - Release Date, Gameplay, Previews
Where To Find All Docile Slimes
These are harmless Slimes that will not attack you under normal conditions. New Slimes are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Pink Slime: Rainbow Fields, Starlight Strand, Ember Valley
- Tabby Slime: Rainbow Fields, Starlight Strand, Ember Valley
- Phosphor Slime: (Night-time) Rainbow Fields, Starlight Strand, Ember Valley
- Honey Slime: Starlight Strand
- Puddle Slime: Ember Valley, Starlight Strand
- Cotton Slime (*): Rainbow Fields, Starlight Strand
- Flutter Slime (*): Starlight Strand
- Batty Slime (*): Ember Valley
- Angler Slime (*): Ember Valley, Starlight Strand
- Ringtail Slime (*): Ember Valley, Starlight Strand
- Hunter Slime: Starlight Strand
Where To Find All Harmful Slimes
These Slimes will attack you if you approach them and can also become Feral.
- Rock Slime: Ember Valley, Starlight Strand
- Boom Slime: Ember Valley
- Crystal Slime: Ember Valley
- Fire Slime: Ember Valley
Where To Find All Special Slimes
These are very rare Slimes; they can’t be captured and can’t harm you. In addition, these Slimes will not become Feral.
- Gold Slime: Random spawn area
- Luckey Slime: Random spawn areas
In addition to the Slime types mentioned above, there are some other Slime subtypes. For example, Largo Slimes evolve from Pure Slimes eating incompatible Plort.
Largo Slimes cannot change back into a Pure Slime but can further evolve into a Tarr Slime. These Slimes will eat other Slimes to reproduce clones of themselves and can be found throughout the map in Slime Rancher 2.
Notably, Slimeology can get complicated very quickly, so we'll leave it at that. This concludes our guide on all Slimes and their locations in Slime Rancher 2.
For more amazing gaming content, check out our section dedicated to video Games news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Monomi Park.