Offworld Industries just announced their newest FPS game, Starship Troopers: Extermination, based on and inspired by the Starship Troopers movies. The game will truly take players into the movie, allowing them to fight against alien Arachnid bugs in space.
Let's go over everything we know so far about Starship Troopers: Extermination, including its release date, Early Access information, gameplay, platforms, trailers, and more.
Update on 21 June 2023 - This article was updated and checked for the latest news and leaks.
Latest Starship Troopers Extermination News & Leaks
Get the game, soldier!
The developer has not shared any new Starship Troopers Extermination news or information since our last update.
A new game mode has been added to the alpha of Starship Troopers Extermination called Seismic Slam.
The objective is to power up and activate the ARC seismic survey device and protect it while it collects data. The ARC is powered by gas resources that are gathered from resource nodes. In addition, players need to gather Ore from resource nodes to build up defenses. This is a freer form game mode, with randomized objective locations. Players are expected to split and coordinate their tasks to be effective!
You can Wishlist Starship Troopers Extermination on Steam right now ahead of the game's 2023 release.
We think there is about a 35% chance Starship Troopers Extermination will show up at The Game Awards 2022.
Tune in the watch The Game Awards 2022 via the YouTube stream embedded below. It kicks off on 8 December at 7:30 PM ET / 4:30 PM PT and 9 December at 00:30 GMT.
Starship Troopers Extermination Release Date Window
Developers have yet to release an exact release date for Starship Troopers: Extermination. That said, the game is slated for release sometime in 2023.
Starship Troopers Extermination Early Access
Starship Troopers: Extermination is set to release sometime in 2023, but the full version of the game won't hit stores until the Early Access edition has been out for one year. The Early Access edition will also release sometime in early-to-mid 2023.
There will be numerous differences between Starship Troopers: Extermination Early Access and the full edition, with more content being added over the course of the Early Access release.
“The full version of Starship Troopers: Extermination will span multiple worlds to liberate them from the Arachnid Threat," developers explained on Steam. "This will include additional weapons, enemies types, class progression upgrades, community events, and encounters."
Starship Troopers Extermination Gameplay
Starship Troopers: Extermination is a co-op FPS that pits a team of Troopers against swathes of horrifying alien Bugs. You'll need to fight, build a base, complete challenges, and stockpile resources to keep you and your team alive in declare victory against your bug-like opponents in this co-op first-person shooter. The game will include new environments for players to explore, including a huge map with five different unique zones.
Here is a full list of the game's features, courtesy of Offworld Industries on Steam:
- Cooperative Gameplay - 12 players can team up in squads of four to defend your base, complete objectives, gather resources, and try to kill every Bug in sight
- Three Playable Classes - Choose from Assault, Support, and Defense classes to best suit your playstyle and support the rest of your squad.
- Build Defenses - Construct walls, towers, ammo stations, and more using resources acquired from planetside refineries
- Class Progression System - Unlock new weapons, equipment, and perks for each class to become an elite warfighter of the Deep Space Vanguard
- 5 Unique Bug Types - At Early Access launch encounter Drone, Warrior, Gunner, Plasma Grenadier, and Tiger Elite enemy Bugs during planetside missions.
- Escalating Infestation Levels - Increasing Bug threat levels during missions bring bigger and more dangerous enemies to the fight
- Large-scale Battles - A massive map with five unique zones, and swarm-based combat with hundreds of enemy Bugs on screen delivers the sense of an overwhelming planetary war
- Ground War - Retake bases and refineries, destroy hives, and complete a variety of side objectives to wrest control of the map away from the Bug menace
- Ping system - Communication is key! The ‘Ping’ system gives players a quick and easy way to callout points of interest, objectives, incoming enemies, and more to teammates
Starship Troopers Extermination Platforms
Currently, Starship Troopers: Extermination has only been announced for release on Steam on PC.
It's possible that developers might release the title on more platforms, such as on console for PS5 and Xbox players, but we'll need to wait until closer to the release date to find out.
Starship Troopers Extermination Trailers
You can check out the official announcement trailer for the game here:
For now, that's all we know about the upcoming FPS game Starship Troopers: Extermination. Stay tuned right here for more information as developers tell us more about this exciting new game!