Ubisoft and Capcom are teaming up to celebrate together the 25th anniversary of the legendary survival-horror classic, Resident Evil.
Both franchises have a viral epidemic and deadly bioweapons as their main elements of the story, so to have a Resident Evil event in The Division 2 seems quite fitting.
As a part of this celebration, The Division 2 is receiving a special set of Resident Evil-themed cosmetic items, including outfits, weapon skins, individual vanity items.
In addition to cosmetics, players will get a chance to celebrate Resident Evil by collecting 7 new back trophies and 4 new patches.
This crossover event launches alongside the newly revamped Reanimated Global Event, which is set to be released with the Update 12.1.
The Division 2 x Resident Evil crossover is a limited-time event, so make sure to grab all skins and other cosmetics on time!
How to get Resident Evil items in The Division 2
To obtain Leon Kennedy RPD 3-piece outfit, the only thing players will need to do is to log in throughout the Resident Evil event at any point, and they will automatically have the skin added to their collection.
The event starts on February 2nd and ends on 15th February, so make sure to grab the free skin before that.
Additional outfits, weapon skins, and other rewards will be available in special Resident Evil caches that contain themed cosmetic items.
Ubisoft hasn't yet announced if these will replace Field Proficiency caches or they will be earned on some other way.
The Division 2 Update 12.1 full patch notes
4K 60 FPS Support for Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5
Optimization Station Changes
- Reduced all optimization costs by 75%.
- Reduced all optimization material crafting recipes by 50%.
- With this update, agents should be able to afford to optimize their weapons and gear about once an hour. Though it may take up to two hours to gather all the resources necessary to optimize the final tier of many items.
Reanimated Global Event Changes
- The green cloud produced by killing enemies with a headshot no longer harms agents. This cloud now heals agents and provides a significant boost to their firepower while standing within it. The green cloud continues to significantly harm enemies.
- Fixed issue where gear sets would not correctly display which talents were required to be active for their chest and backpack talents to activate.
- Fixed issue where Rigger would sometime refresh Tend and Befriend incorrectly.
- Fixed issue where Memento Kill Confirmed drops could come from friendly skills.
- Fixed an issue where Memento buffs could last beyond death. Which was both grim and ironic.
- Fixed issue where directives in the LZ could multiply experience earned in the DZ.
- Fixed an issue where Legendary Black Tusk would not count as "Black Tusk" for objectives in Leagues and Summit Challenges.
- Removed objectives for the Skill Demotions Summit Challenge which referred to the Firestarter Chem Launcher and the Shrapnel Trap. The objectives were misbehaving and have been put in timeout.
- Fixed issue where Vanguard and Perfect Vanguard granted their invulnerability to allies.
- Fixed issue where Summit Combat Merit Commendation would display unusually in the Commendations menu.
- Fixed issue where Merciless and Ruthless exotics would trigger a cosmetic explosion on the seventh stack in addition to really exploding on the first shot after.
- Fixed issue where Decoy Skill would not refresh correctly if it was deployed when getting a headshot kill with the Mantis exotic.
- Fixed issue where other players on the League leaderboards would show your own SHD level and point distribution.
- Fixed misaligned elbow pads when using specific apparel items.
- Fixed issue where The Summit matchmaking tab is not greyed out for groups containing level 30 agents.
- Fixed issue where the audio queue doesn’t trigger when killing the last enemy on floor 100 in The Summit.
- Fixed the Symptom Aggravator” talent description.