Starting with the World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King (WotLK) pre-patch on 30th August 2022, players can use Inscription and create Death Knights, but what else is there to look forward to for Classic players? Well, Blizzard has shared the content roadmap for WotLK Classic, including when the first raids will release and the next Arena season will start.
This article explains the WotLK Classic content roadmap, from the full expansion launch to the zombie plague event, the release of Naxxramas, other raids, and more.
WoW WotLK Classic Roadmap - Content & Dates
WotLK Classic officially launches on 26th September 2022. This is the date when players can travel to Northrend. However, technically speaking, Classic World of Warcraft players can already experience a lot of content beforehand.
- Asmongold thinks Warcraft Arclight Rumble will make more money than WoW
- WoW Dragonflight Pre-Order - All Editions, Bonuses, And More
- WoW Dragonflight max level and progression path
- World of Warcraft Dragonflight - Dragonriding Gameplay, Skills, and Unlocks
There's the pre-patch launch, the Scourge Invasion, the Zombie Plague event, the start of Arena Season 5, and the initial three raids launching from now until 6th October 2022.
Below, you can check out the initial content roadmap for WoW WotLK Classic as per a post by Blizzard, including the important dates:
- Pre-patch launch - 30th August - "Wrath of the Lich King Pre-patch Launches and Fresh Start Realms go live during regional maintenance."
- Zombie Plague event - 6th to 13th September - "A mysterious affliction begins to make its way through the capital cities. Players must be vigilant to avoid falling victim to its deadly effects.
- Scourge Invasions event - 13th to 26th September - "In several locations throughout Azeroth, players must coordinate a defensive stand against the attacking Necropolis and defeat Scourge forces to gain powerful rewards."
- Brewfest - 20th September to 6th October - "Brewfest Begins: Do you love eating delicious fair food, drinking bountiful beverages, and riding rams around barrels of apples? Partake in activities and timed events to earn Brewfest souvenirs and achievements during this brewtiful holiday event."
- Wrath of the Lich King Classic launch - 26th September - "At 3:00 p.m. PDT, Wrath of the Lich King Classic will launch, and players are welcome to log in."
- Arena Season 5 - 4th to 5th October launch - "Arena Season 5 Begins: Season 5 will begin with the weekly reset."
- WotLK Classic Raids - 6th October - Naxxramas, The Eye of Eternity, and The Obsidian Sanctum releases.
While you wait for Wrath of the Lich King Classic's release, check out the awesome trailer from Blizzard below to get hyped.
So there you have it, all the essential dates for WotLK Classic's launch that World of Warcraft players should mark in their calendars.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.
Check out our video below, where we dive deep into the lore of the Dragon Aspects in World of Warcraft, discussing all the leaders, their history, and some family drama!
Dragonflight Guides - Primal Storms Event| Content Roadmap| Play On Steam Deck| Raid Schedule| Dracthyr Evoker Class| Dragon Isles Zones| Max Level & Progression Path| Crafting Orders| Dragonriding| Editions & Bonuses|Dracthyr Evoker|Twitch Drops & Rewards|Maintenance Schedule US & EU|Check Server Status|Performance & Stuttering Fix|DPS Tier List|Mythic+ Affix Rotation Season 1|Reset Talents | Transfer Aborted & World Down Issues | Tangled Dreamweaver Mount | Stuck on Loading Screen Error Fix | Vault of the Incarnates Loot | Wrathion or Sabellian? |
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard.