Following some leaks and a beta, World of Warcraft (WoW) players finally have an exact release date for Wrath of the Lich King Classic. Blizzard officially unveiled the WoW Wrath of the Lich King Classic release date, alongside a brand new trailer and content.
This article provides an overview of the content players can expect in WoW WotLK Classic and when it will release so citizens of Azeroth can mark their calendars to explore Northrend once again.
WoW Wrath of the Lich King Classic Release Date
With Wrath of the Lich King Classic, heroes of Azeroth can relive the dangers of Northrend, confront the infamous Lich King, and push back the Scourge!
- Asmongold thinks Warcraft Arclight Rumble will make more money than WoW
- WoW Dragonflight Pre-Order - All Editions, Bonuses, And More
- WoW Dragonflight max level and progression path
- World of Warcraft Dragonflight - Dragonriding Gameplay, Skills, and Unlocks
World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic now has an official release date of 26th September 2022, as leaks have previously suggested.
We have some good news if you are unfamiliar with WoW Classic releases. Like previous releases, those with an active World of Warcraft subscription can play WotLK Classic at no extra cost.
WoW WotLK Classic Content & Features
Blizzard has provided World of Warcraft fans with an overview of what to expect in Wrath of the Lich King Classic, noting it will "thrill both veterans and newcomers" and mentioning a host of improved content and features.
Check out an overview of the WoW WotLK Classic features and content below:
- The Grim Frozen North – Heroes will begin their journey in one of two zones in Northrend - Borean Tundra or Howling Fjord - and adventure through some of the most epic vistas and beloved storylines in all of Warcraft before breaching the seat of the Lich King’s power in Icecrown.
- The Rise of Death Knights – Available to both factions and starting at level 55, Death Knights - World of Warcraft’s first hero class - harness the powers of darkness to help combat the evil that threatens Azeroth. While Death Knights are limited to one per server and require a level 55 character on that server to create, in Wrath Classic, we will be bypassing that requirement for a player’s first Death Knight.
- New Profession - Inscription – This new profession allows players to scribe mystical glyphs that modify the properties of spells and abilities (cooldowns, damage, etc.), and craft powerful trinkets and off-hand items.
- Achievements Unlocked – Achievements are coming to WoW Classic, giving players new rewards for their exploits and accomplishments.
- Dungeons & Raids – Relive seminal 5-player dungeons like Azjol-Nerub and the Culling of Stratholme, and lay siege to Naxxramas as a 25- or 10-player raid -an update of its original iteration as a 40-player raid in pre-expansion World of Warcraft.
- Included With Existing World of Warcraft Subscriptions – As with previous WoW Classic releases, anyone who subscribes to World of Warcraft can also play Wrath of the Lich King Classic at no additional cost.
Remember that, like Burning Crusade Classic and WoW Classic, new dungeons and raids will unlock as time passes.
To get hyped for the release of WotLK Classic, check out the action-packed release date announcement trailer below.
So there you have it, the release date for WoW WotLK Classic, alongside the content and features you can expect.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard.
Check out our video below, where we dive deep into the lore of the Dragon Aspects in World of Warcraft, discussing all the leaders, their history, and some family drama!
Dragonflight Guides - Primal Storms Event| Content Roadmap| Play On Steam Deck| Raid Schedule| Dracthyr Evoker Class| Dragon Isles Zones| Max Level & Progression Path| Crafting Orders| Dragonriding| Editions & Bonuses|Dracthyr Evoker|Twitch Drops & Rewards|Maintenance Schedule US & EU|Check Server Status|Performance & Stuttering Fix|DPS Tier List|Mythic+ Affix Rotation Season 1|Reset Talents | Transfer Aborted & World Down Issues | Tangled Dreamweaver Mount | Stuck on Loading Screen Error Fix | Vault of the Incarnates Loot | Wrathion or Sabellian? |
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard.